Ping 2021 Irons

Are there any rumors on these yet? I thought I remember reading that they were good to go, but Ping delayed a year because of COVID.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

G425 irons drop in Feb in the US. Already out overseas like Australia. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Interested in this. G425 looks awesome already. Looking to get a split set of Blueprint irons for the next set, then depending on what the next iblade iteration is versus the next I series is, will combo from there. The only thing (IMHO) that Ping hasn’t gotten right recently was the i500. Super high (I felt) COG and weird feeling and awful sounding. Felt like aluminum foil or something at impact to me. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, av1084 said:

Interested in this. G425 looks awesome already. Looking to get a split set of Blueprint irons for the next set, then depending on what the next iblade iteration is versus the next I series is, will combo from there. The only thing (IMHO) that Ping hasn’t gotten right recently was the i500. Super high (I felt) COG and weird feeling and awful sounding. Felt like aluminum foil or something at impact to me. 

While Ping nailed the look of the i500's they were lacking in the sound & feel department. I hope the next gen will be improved in those 2 areas. Also interested in the new G425 irons now that they are not quite as long from heel to toe. Not sure if it will be a noticeable difference. Will have to see in person before I decide.

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

6 hours ago, JohnKHawk said:

While Ping nailed the look of the i500's they were lacking in the sound & feel department. I hope the next gen will be improved in those 2 areas. Also interested in the new G425 irons now that they are not quite as long from heel to toe. Not sure if it will be a noticeable difference. Will have to see in person before I decide.

Currently gaming the i500s and have hated them almost from the second they went in my bag. Feel is downright dreadful, as is performance. If it’s even a little bit windy I may as well not even play. I’ve never seen or played an iron that balloons so easily. Don’t even get me started on trying to hit under things. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, HoosierGolf00 said:

Currently gaming the i500s and have hated them almost from the second they went in my bag. Feel is downright dreadful, as is performance. If it’s even a little bit windy I may as well not even play. I’ve never seen or played an iron that balloons so easily. Don’t even get me started on trying to hit under things. 

Why are you still gaming them? Sell them and pick up a used set of i210 or iblades.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, r.yan163 said:

Was thinking about picking up the lauded i210s this fall, especially if any shops sell their demos (wishful thinking on my part). Otherwise I was going to order a new set. Would probably wait until spring if there is something new on the horizon (i220, i225?)

Good idea I'd say.  If they can improve on the i210's I'd be all over them.  The i210's are just money.  

DRIVER - PING G430 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 5W

HYBRIDS - PING G430 3H

IRONS - PING i230 4-UW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 4.0 54S & 58E

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON SS NEWPORT 2

23 minutes ago, LongStaff said:

I’ve had my i500s for close to a month. I absolutely love them. I can play any type of shot that’s required. I also gained 10+ yards vs my callaway x-forged irons. My last 3 rounds are 64-65-68. Best iron set I’ve owned. 

Assuming that's 18 holes, then never change your clubs or putter!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

There's enough smoke to say the upcoming i59 is likely real. Currently, it is unclear if it is a direct iblade replacement or a replacement of both iblade and i210. The current rumors are we may see it as early as Feb 2021, but most rumors are pointing to late spring/summer 2021. My hope is immediately post-Masters we get a flood of new info on a lot of things as a lot of tour pros may be more inclined to test/switch after the Masters so OEMs may be waiting to seed their stuff until after that. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

2 hours ago, LongStaff said:

I’ve had my i500s for close to a month. I absolutely love them. I can play any type of shot that’s required. I also gained 10+ yards vs my callaway x-forged irons. My last 3 rounds are 64-65-68. Best iron set I’ve owned. 

Those scores are awesome. Didn’t mean to put all the blame on the clubs, overall I do think they’re a fairly decent club. But when stacked up to an i210 or say a P790 they just lack something IMO. If they work for you that’s awesome, I just don’t think they’re right for my game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LongStaff said:

I have the same impression of the I500.   I have read several reviews where people talk about the lack of feel but I think they feel great and I know exactly when I flush them.  I just love them  My handicap is a 4.9...the lowest its  ever been and my iron game has been better than ever this year.   Sounds like I still have a lot of work to do compared to the scores your posting 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LongStaff said:

I have only hit a friend of mine's i500's a couple of times but I loved they way they felt. I played in a scramble with 2 friends and one brought his insurance agent. Dude could flat out hit it. He sure had no problem with his i500's. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

2 hours ago, Frohlich said:

I have the same impression of the I500.   I have read several reviews where people talk about the lack of feel but I think they feel great and I know exactly when I flush them.  I just love them  My handicap is a 4.9...the lowest its  ever been and my iron game has been better than ever this year.   Sounds like I still have a lot of work to do compared to the scores your posting 🙂

I’ve been a 1 to 6 handicap for my entire golf career. 25 years or so. Never had a lesson or got fitted for clubs. On Jan 1st of this year, I recorded my swing and compared it to pro’s. I was disgusted at what I saw. I immediately decided to build a new swing from scratch. Using all the knowledge available on YouTube and relentlessly working on my swing. It finally clicked for me in early September. Then I decided to get properly fit for clubs. Every club in my bag was working against me. The dispersion gains with my new driver changed my game. I’m consistently in play anywhere from 290 to 330 depending on conditions and strike quality. The i500s rarely give a dead shot on mishits. Which puts me on the green or just off it on most mishits. I’ve owned all major brand blades including multiple mizuno’s. The i500s are so much better IMO. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mrmikeac said:

Annnnnnnd another upcoming Ping release thread that becomes completely taken over by i500 and i210 reviews. Not that I can be mad, they’re both great irons. 

I know! Thought I might read something about new clubs from Ping. Oh well, this thread ain't the first one to run off the tracks! 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I was hoping they'd come out with like a i225 which hopped on the trend of being offered in a smoke finish. I like how the i210 is a ever so slightly longer blade length, but still has a very thin top line. I probably wouldn't buy an iron that was a combo of the iblade and i210 because it would likely lose some forgiveness and be a little harder to play.

Just give me some damn smoke/black irons with hydro pearl!!!

13 hours ago, mrmikeac said:

Annnnnnnd another upcoming Ping release thread that becomes completely taken over by i500 and i210 reviews. Not that I can be mad, they’re both great irons. 

I think that’s because we are all wondering how they can improve on the i500 and i210 irons that’s all. You want to throw darts, i210. Want to launch it high and far with a little more forgiveness, i500.  It’s going to be impressive if and when they improve on both of these models. 

Give me the feel and dart throwing of the i210’s mixed with the looks and distance / forgiveness of the i500 and I don’t care what they call it.

Take my money. 

• Thanks 1

DRIVER - PING G430 LST

HYBRIDS - PING G430 3H

IRONS - PING i230 4-UW

8 minutes ago, jbandalo said:

I think that’s because we are all wondering how they can improve on the i500 and i210 irons that’s all. You want to throw darts, i210. Want to launch it high and far with a little more forgiveness, i500.  It’s going to be impressive if and when they improve on both of these models. 

Give me the feel and dart throwing of the i210’s mixed with the looks and distance / forgiveness of the i500 and I don’t care what they call it.

Take my money. 

I absolutely loved my i210’s, some of the most precise irons I’ve ever had in my bag, just beautiful. 

My ONLY gripe was the hydropearl finish, after about 3 rounds the irons looked like they went through a garbage disposal and landed in a cement mixer filled with rocks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mrmikeac said:

I absolutely loved my i210’s, some of the most precise irons I’ve ever had in my bag, just beautiful. 

My ONLY gripe was the hydropearl finish, after about 3 rounds the irons looked like they went through a garbage disposal and landed in a cement mixer filled with rocks 

Strange. Mine still look great.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

DRIVER - PING G430 LST

HYBRIDS - PING G430 3H

IRONS - PING i230 4-UW

1 hour ago, Fairway14 said:

Ping should resume the S59-58-57-56-55 series.

I'd be down for that!

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.