Bryson having fans removed for saying “Brooksie” to him...

physasst

12 minutes ago, adeangelis said:

There’s a lot of people in this thread that are a great example of why a lot of people resent golf and those involved in it lmao 

There's a lot of people who have resented golf since it was invented. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

15 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

There's a lot of people who have resented golf since it was invented. 

There are a lot of people who think that the garbage the PGA Tour peddle is not actually golf.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

19 minutes ago, mahonie said:

There are a lot of people who think that the garbage the PGA Tour peddle is not actually golf.

I'm sure there is. I just like watching players hit great shots. I can ignore the BS.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

2 hours ago, dalehead said:

Agree that the tour needs to put an end to this. The commissioner needs to sit down with Brooks and Bryson and say “I don’t care if you hate each other’s guts, you’re going to walk out of here, shake hands and smile for the cameras and say everything is cool between you. No more taunts, no more tweets, no more eye rolls!” 

Why would they do that??  Such rivalry fuels interest in the sport as a whole.  Heck, it's the reason we're all discussing this.

This is one of the many reasons people watch 'professional' wrestling. 

2 hours ago, Go Cougs said:

I highly doubt Bryson "grew up learning how to deal with that stuff".

I’m highly positive that bryson was teased quite a bit while growing up

• Like 3

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

16 hours ago, sailfishchris said:

I thought Bryson said it was "flattering". I guess not?  

Exactly. Says one thing, actions clearly say another. The policy must be any fan can be kicked out for any reason, and it’s at the discretion of the player??? Because saying “Brooksie” clearly isn’t offensive or threatening to anyone. Well apparently only to Bryson’s ultra thin skin. 

14 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Exactly. Says one thing, actions clearly say another. The policy must be any fan can be kicked out for any reason, and it’s at the discretion of the player??? Because saying “Brooksie” clearly isn’t offensive or threatening to anyone. Well apparently only to Bryson’s ultra thin skin. 

Yeah, a guy and his friends can’t harass a player. Besides cheering you can’t address a player standing a few feet away and mock them. 

It’s fun in the meantime but they made an example and I’m pretty sure it will stop.

We got BRooksy vs. BRooks “the Thong” in the heavy weight division.

What about....Welterweights?

How bout Xander vs Colin

Theres two tough guy names if I ever heard one 🤣

Wait! Colin heard me and just almost holed out from the fw!

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Haha 1

Brooks is winning with the Aaron Rogers and Michelob tweets, both great burns. 

We will see how Brooks handles the crowds in an actual tournament, they probably won't forget his whining about the knee!

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

I agree with what someone else here said. One of those two will win the popular social media deal and split the 40 million. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

It would be outstanding if Brooksy has someone call him Bryson at his next tournament. Better yet if he turns to the guy saying it and says "call me Bruce, dude"! LOL!

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

3 hours ago, BNGL said:

As soon as you mention ticket sales and beer sales. The rest of you opine is moot. The Tour doesn’t really care about ticket sales and even less so about beer sales. All of those are driven at the local level i.e. tournament organizers and caterers/distributors nothing/very little to do with the Tour. 

Right dummy.  Tour doesn't care about every single dollar.  First you post tour cares less about beer sales than ticket sales calling it a local thing the tour has little to do with.    Then 8 posts later you claim tour cares about their relationships and would never ban beer sales.

Backstroke much?

Edited by CasualLie

8 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

I agree with what someone else here said. One of those two will win the popular social media deal and split the 40 million. 

There was a purse-splitting mini-scandal about 30 years ago on the fledgling Senior Tour. Dave Stockton, Jim Dent, Bruce Crampton, Bob Charles, Jim Colbert, Larry Laoretti, Dave Hill, Mike Hill and others were fined for agreeing to split the purse equally in several events.

That's was why you saw a lot of laughs and an easy, light, not-so-serious atmosphere at Senior Tour events then. It didn't matter what you shot, you won the same amount.

Dean Beman got wind of it and that was the end of that.

So, splitting $40 million (Good Lord, what an obscene amount -  about as much as the total PGA Tour purse of all tournaments 30 years ago) for social media doesn't seem so far fetched.

• Like 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

1 hour ago, braincramp52 said:

I'm sure there is. I just like watching players hit great shots. I can ignore the BS.

Me too...don’t see any great shots on PGA Tour. That’s my point.

• Confused 1

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

Old Cuss here, back from the dead. The wife said after my extended ornery spell that I needed to get out more thus GolfWRX. She said "enough" and I am not going to risk biscuits by continuing. But it seems ornery lately has been afflicting more than me, say, BK and BAD? Too much at stake for PGA to let it go much further and too much farther is going to tarnish their reps notwithstanding bro culture which seemingly finds delight in the spat. Bro culture has nothing to lose; these men do. Great players, but I don't care to have a beer with either player, thus I favor neither, yet I want what is best for both of them. Enough.

Here is the thing that numbs my brain and tilts my dog's head: we expect these guys to follow the rules, the decorum of the game if you will, even when it means calling a penalty on themselves - even for a rule which makes no sense. We'll grouse a little about the rule, of course, but others are following it, too, and when push comes to shove we want the consistency the decorum facilitates - especially given we don't find it as often as we desire in other parts of our daily experience. And when one violates a rule the wrath of the fans is unleashed and the fires of hell await the unspoken (for the publically polite) and spoken (many of us who fall in the otherwise column) wish. 

Why, then, do we expect behavior in the players that embodies the better tendencies of our species and then expect so little of ourselves when we attend their contests? Seems to me an incongruence with the moment in time and an attenuation of the experience. Other sports might revel in taunts and boorish behavior at and in events and that is fine and perhaps golf will embrace a lowest common denominator type of behavior, too, but if it does, will it be golf? For some, maybe, but it will not be for me for I need some place where being ornery is not valued, rather I am glad that there is a place in which dignified behavior, independent of performance, is the expectation. High bars for behavior might not be met with equal bars of behavior but they do a darn sight better than low bars. Bartalk, well, OK, but let's leave it off the course.

If PGA cannot convince me that it shares that concern - and observations of its tournaments are the data that I will use for an evaluation - then I become less interested in its product (which currently includes fan behavior). I don't need PGA, but prefer it, but only has long as I experience, even indirectly, a respectful event. This is not worship, mind you, but it shares an attribute with it; this is supposed to be fun, play, and as I understand the function of both, they, like worship, can be very re-creational. There is a lot of room for varied expressions of joy that enliven. Let's focus on that.

It's taken a bit more time to write this than anticipated and I was already getting signals from my dog, thus if I don't stop now and focus on my dog, he will without hesitation pee on my leg. Still, he is a better dog than I am a person.

Old Cuss

• Like 4

Watching the Memorial coverage. They were talking about asking Bryson about the fans being kicked out. He said he ignores all that and leaves that decision up to security… They talk about how intelligent he is. Yet he doesn’t realize how easily people will see that that’s not how it went down???

Makes him look not only like a cry baby, but a lier. 

2 hours ago, CasualLie said:

Right dummy.  Tour doesn't care about every single dollar.  First you post tour cares less about beer sales than ticket sales calling it a local thing the tour has little to do with.    Then 8 posts later you claim tour cares about their relationships and would never ban beer sales.

Backstroke much?

No not at all. If you had any reading comprehension at all you’d see that my saying they’d never ban beer sales is in response to a question. That should be simple enough for you to understand now that I’ve taken the time spell it out for you while firing off a missile. 

8 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Watching the Memorial coverage. They were talking about asking Bryson about the fans being kicked out. He said he ignores all that and leaves that decision up to security… They talk about how intelligent he is. Yet he doesn’t realize how easily people will see that that’s not how it went down???

Makes him look not only like a cry baby, but a lier. 

Ya. BD should have just said 

Look, you want to act like a child you’ll get treated like one and sent to your room

If you really have a problem, I’ll meet you after the event and we can settle this like gentlemen

As far as Brooks, I feel bad for the guy. He gets his but kicked by a guy twice his aged then the fans kick his knee. Next time I see him, I’ll look forward to flying it by him and I’ll wait for him to hobble to his ball 30 yards back.

🤣

I should do PR!!

8 hours ago, dalehead said:

That’s the question. Would you give up being able to enjoy a tasty brewski in return for no drunken clowns?

Why does it have to be one or the other?  There are plenty of people who can enjoy a beer or more without causing trouble.  So tired of the mentality that if a few idiots can't handle themselves society thinks we have to make a rule for everybody.

So to answer your question, I'll take a few drunken idiots in return for a tasty brewski. 

5 hours ago, OldCuss said:

Old Cuss here, back from the dead. The wife said after my extended ornery spell that I needed to get out more thus GolfWRX. She said "enough" and I am not going to risk biscuits by continuing. But it seems ornery lately has been afflicting more than me, say, BK and BAD? Too much at stake for PGA to let it go much further and too much farther is going to tarnish their reps notwithstanding bro culture which seemingly finds delight in the spat. Bro culture has nothing to lose; these men do. Great players, but I don't care to have a beer with either player, thus I favor neither, yet I want what is best for both of them. Enough.

Here is the thing that numbs my brain and tilts my dog's head: we expect these guys to follow the rules, the decorum of the game if you will, even when it means calling a penalty on themselves - even for a rule which makes no sense. We'll grouse a little about the rule, of course, but others are following it, too, and when push comes to shove we want the consistency the decorum facilitates - especially given we don't find it as often as we desire in other parts of our daily experience. And when one violates a rule the wrath of the fans is unleashed and the fires of hell await the unspoken (for the publically polite) and spoken (many of us who fall in the otherwise column) wish. 

Why, then, do we expect behavior in the players that embodies the better tendencies of our species and then expect so little of ourselves when we attend their contests? Seems to me an incongruence with the moment in time and an attenuation of the experience. Other sports might revel in taunts and boorish behavior at and in events and that is fine and perhaps golf will embrace a lowest common denominator type of behavior, too, but if it does, will it be golf? For some, maybe, but it will not be for me for I need some place where being ornery is not valued, rather I am glad that there is a place in which dignified behavior, independent of performance, is the expectation. High bars for behavior might not be met with equal bars of behavior but they do a darn sight better than low bars. Bartalk, well, OK, but let's leave it off the course.

If PGA cannot convince me that it shares that concern - and observations of its tournaments are the data that I will use for an evaluation - then I become less interested in its product (which currently includes fan behavior). I don't need PGA, but prefer it, but only has long as I experience, even indirectly, a respectful event. This is not worship, mind you, but it shares an attribute with it; this is supposed to be fun, play, and as I understand the function of both, they, like worship, can be very re-creational. There is a lot of room for varied expressions of joy that enliven. Let's focus on that.

It's taken a bit more time to write this than anticipated and I was already getting signals from my dog, thus if I don't stop now and focus on my dog, he will without hesitation pee on my leg. Still, he is a better dog than I am a person.

Old Cuss

there's your answer ... men like measuring contests ... how much of an obnoxious 'bro' you are willing to be is one of the thousands of ways ... 

Hey, if golf wants to be taken seriously as a professional sport by the mainstream crowd, this is the future. If golfers want to be pro athletes, they're gonna get the same treatment as others. You can love it, you can hate it, you can be somewhere in-between, but unless golf wants to go back to a niche market and give up those millions and millions of dollars, this is what they're getting. For what it's worth, I've seen more people on IG and twitter talking about golf because of Brooks vs. Bryson than I have anything since Tiger won the Masters in 2019. Like it or not, this stuff trends. 

As an aside, I'd be in favor of them selling PPV tickets to a Brooks vs. Bryson 3 round, bareknuckle fight in a chili's parking lot. I'd buy it, and I wouldn't be alone. 

• Like 2