2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bryson having fans removed for saying “Brooksie” to him...

physasst

53 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

So watch the sunshine tour?? Or don’t watch 

I don’t watch. The only tournament worth watching now is The Open.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

2 hours ago, mahonie said:

Driver...wedge....driver...wedge...driver...wedge...it’s a complete bore-fest.

Fairways are typically 60 yards across and they still cannot hit the short stuff a lot of the time. Only defence is stupid green speeds. It turned me off watching the PGA Tour a long time ago and now the European Tour is being dragged down the same path. 

PGA Tour has dumbed the game down to the lowest level possible to attract the maximum possible dollar. This ‘manufactured’ spat between two crass individuals who are the ‘future’ of the game is what you get. They’ve worked out that you need something to talk about as the golf itself is so boring.

I’m gunna shut this down right now, fairways aren’t close to averaging 60 yards wide on the PGA Tour. PGA Tour guidelines stipulate 25-30 yards in landing areas, sometimes a little more sometimes a little less. Waliaile (Sony Open course) has some of the harder fairways to hit on Tour, historically speaking for a regular event at least, their fairways are less than 30 yards if memory serves they average 27 yards wide? Oakmont has an average fairway width of 28 yards for member play, however that is tightened up for the US Open at 26 yards on average (at least that’s the number I know it was in 2007, I’d reckon it was close to those numbers in 2016 from my walking around the fairways that week).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yuck said:

Brooksie and Bryson both need to hire Reed as a consultant on how to thicken their skin.

Based on this, Reed is an armadillo; )

“I’ve had people tell me I suck to my face:’ Spieth heard DeChambeau jeers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golf.com/news/spieth-heard-dechambeau-jeers/amp/

“I feel like — no, I feel like, as far as parings go, I would say if you’re paired with Patrick, you hear some of the worst stuff — Reed, not Cantlay — from the crowd.”

29 minutes ago, BNGL said:

I’m gunna shut this down right now, fairways aren’t close to averaging 60 yards wide on the PGA Tour. PGA Tour guidelines stipulate 25-30 yards in landing areas, sometimes a little more sometimes a little less. Waliaile (Sony Open course) has some of the harder fairways to hit on Tour, historically speaking for a regular event at least, their fairways are less than 30 yards if memory serves they average 27 yards wide? Oakmont has an average fairway width of 28 yards for member play, however that is tightened up for the US Open at 26 yards on average (at least that’s the number I know it was in 2007, I’d reckon it was close to those numbers in 2016 from my walking around the fairways that week).

Use Google maps and do a measure of a typical PGA Tour TPC course and you’d be surprised. Don’t forget, PGA Tour counts first cut of rough as ‘fairway.’

Radius Classic 8

2 minutes ago, mahonie said:

Use Google maps and do a measure of a typical PGA Tour TPC course and you’d be surprised. Don’t forget, PGA Tour counts first cut of rough as ‘fairway.’

During tournament prep, the PGA typically alters the course a bunch which includes narrowing fairways. I don’t think I would consider Google Maps of a TPC Course during regular season play to be a barometer for TOUR tournament setup. 

• Like 1

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

48 minutes ago, JunkerJorge said:

I grew up broke and blue collar and believe it or not I was taught to have manners and respect for others (and myself). The idea that respect and decorum are for the elite, white collar, rich, etc. is just straight insulting. Character doesn't have a tax bracket. 

I think the CC get off my lawn angle is coming from the narrowed view point regarding a member of the crowd saying something at a sporting event= no "character", "man child", "tool", "low self esteem", "insecure", "boorish".  Its just a way for people to try and force their viewpoint as the moral highroad, or correct manner.  Same as feeling the need to identify for whatever reason  "I grew up broke or I'm blue collar as anyone you can name " as if that makes it more of a point?  Much similar to the when people make the incredibly misguided comparison of a public, outdoor, professional sporting event to your own office lol.  

Edited by bubbagump
  • Like 3

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

6 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

"Good manners in public" to the ivory tower stuffy crowd means wearing a collared shirt that is tucked in. No jeans. No cargo shorts. No shirts without a collar. No music on the course. No hats worn indoors. It's just how you want to define "good manners." I'm saying this restrictiveness is hurting the PGA Tour--not helping it. I think shouting a name is harmless shenanigans. People here act like it's a crime against humanity.  I think those people are wrong and if the PGA Tour wants to grow their product they need to lighten up.

And kicking people out of a sporting event for shouting a name? This is America, man--not the Soviet Union. This is the land of the free and home of the brave. We've suffered enough tyranny in the last year. This has to stop!

652795001_EcGeQ6fX0AA863u.jpglarge.jpg.98f9d95cec4f9f9a25084076fa977ec7.jpg

Your entitlement is shining bright. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DON SVO said:

During tournament prep, the PGA typically alters the course a bunch which includes narrowing fairways. I don’t think I would consider Google Maps of a TPC Course during regular season play to be a barometer for TOUR tournament setup. 

This is correct. We do it as well on certain holes.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

21 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Its the opposite.

The handful of drunks acting like they just had their first beer while 99% of people are enjoying an afternoon are the few people who “try to force their viewpoint” in this case. 

Plus, bubba, I would probably agree with your views on some elements of golf attitudes being antiquated and stuffy, but I think you’re stretching and generalizing too much with this one.

You can’t equate behavior at a golf event to an NFL game and just say, well, they are both  “a public, outdoor, professional sporting event”

Spring break and a big family bbq are both “fun outdoor parties”.

But you don’t get blotto drunk and tell every woman in sight to “take it off!” at the family gathering ; )

It just boils down to tolerance, and that varies wildly between people to include players.  If I'm purchasing a ticket to a public, professional sporting event attended by thousands of randos, its understood what that could come with.  I get people don't associate golf on the same levels as NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL etc, thats cool but others do and the PGA seems to be wanting to trend in that direction given its recent decisions.  I'm not a yeller by any means, but if its within the confines of the ticket, have at it...Ill live and it wont ruin my experience.  If it does for another...your choice is mute it or I guess maybe stand near the green or fairways or narc to a marshall and see what happens.  It's really such a small blip in the context of attending a round, that gets focused on.      

It's also key to understand like you mentioned, these "tools" are the vast minority of the crowd for the most part.  It's really not the actual plague that it gets made out to be.   

Edited by bubbagump
  • Like 1

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

1 hour ago, JunkerJorge said:

I grew up broke and blue collar and believe it or not I was taught to have manners and respect for others (and myself). The idea that respect and decorum are for the elite, white collar, rich, etc. is just straight insulting. Character doesn't have a tax bracket. 

Thank you.  Cant say it any better. 

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 minutes ago, bubbagump said:

It just boils down to tolerance, and that varies wildly between people.  If I'm purchasing a ticket to a public, professional sporting event attended by thousands of randos, its understood what that could come with.  I get people don't associate golf on the same levels as NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL etc, thats cool but others do and the PGA seems to be wanting to trend in that direction given its recent decisions.  I'm not a yeller by any means, but if its within the confines of the ticket, have at it...Ill live and it wont ruin my experience.  If it does for another...your choice is mute it or I guess maybe stand near the green or fairways or narc to a marshall and see what happens.  It's really such a small blip in the context of attending a round, that gets focused on.      

It's also key to understand like you mentioned, these "tools" are the vast minority of the crowd for the most part.  It's really not the actual plague that it gets made out to be.   

I had a friend in HS. We would all go to a movie, man, movies were “it” back in the day.

So, we’d all go to like a crowded movie and there would be a really serious “tear jerker” scene and he’d make this fake crying noise, like how a child sniffles when they cry, but his timing was so good and he’d do the sound so perfectly...

The whole theatre would erupt in laughter 🤣

With comedy, it’s gotta be funny and the timing has to be good. And it’s funny the first time but don’t overdo it.

So, we are probably very much the same on our personal take on things. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I had a friend in HS. We would all go to a movie, man, movies were “it” back in the day.

So, we’d all go to like a crowded movie and there would be a really serious “tear jerker” scene and he’d make this fake crying noise, like how a child sniffles when they cry, but his timing was so good and he’d do the sound so perfectly...

The whole theatre would erupt in laughter 🤣

With comedy, it’s gotta be funny and the timing has to be good. And it’s funny the first time but don’t overdo it.

So, we are probably very much the same on our personal take on things. 

That is also another part of this overlooked imo, quality and timing.  Bababoeey guy at the tee just carries on a dumb bit each week, Brooksy @ Bryson was pretty funny the first time, and now his alleged poor reaction to it is what carries it on imo. 

But moments like this, live forever:

spacer.png 

• Like 2

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

1 hour ago, bubbagump said:

I think the CC get off my lawn angle is coming from the narrowed view point regarding a member of the crowd saying something at a sporting event= no "character", "man child", "tool", "low self esteem", "insecure", "boorish".  Its just a way for people to try and force their viewpoint as the moral highroad, or correct manner.  Same as feeling the need to identify for whatever reason  "I grew up broke or I'm blue collar as anyone you can name " as if that makes it more of a point?  Much similar to the when people make the incredibly misguided comparison of a public, outdoor, professional sporting event to your own office lol.  

So explain your point.  

I’m curious as to how we reconcile the behavior.  

to explain my point for the quoted text from me you provided.  I simply was countering the idea that folks speaking out against idiots acting like idiots in public were of the CC elitist crowd.  I have myself as an example to disprove that theory.  I’m not that.  Yet somehow I manage to understand how to not act like a barking dog in public. 

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, mahonie said:

Here’s the crown jewel of TPC facilities...second line under the header, “Additional Notes” on the bottom right of the page. 

keep talking about what you think you know from google earth...

080B2E05-CCC2-420D-87D2-A56D4866FB76.jpeg

1 hour ago, BNGL said:

I hosted multiple PGA Tour events as the DOG, and one US Open as a lead assistant. I’m well aware of PGA Tour fairway widths

It’s a moot point. You can still typically be 60 yards offline and still be looking at birdie on most TPC holes (obviously excluding water hazards).

My point is PGA Tour golf is a pale imitation of the real game diluting it down to a level that suits the knuckle dragging fraternity as exemplified by ‘Brooksy’ row.

• Sad 2

Radius Classic 8

I don't really have a vested interest in this catfight as I find BDC to be a pedantic horse's a** while BK's too cool for school shtick to be completely played out. I do believe however, that this isn't going to go well for BDC. I could be off base here but BDC, with his perceived sense of superiority and eye rolls for days does not play well for many outside of the ropes. BK certainly rubs people the wrong way as well but IMO, he has the vast majority on his side regarding this particular slap and tickle. I suppose offers of free cases of beer helps the cause...

Unless the PGA Tour actually steps in and interjects between the two of them(and I honestly have no clue if that could even happen), this is going to go for awhile. And you know it will be front and center when they tee off(not paired of course😄) in the Ryder Cup...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BNGL said:

Here’s the crown jewel of TPC facilities...second line under the header, “Additional Notes” on the bottom right of the page. 

keep talking about what you think you know from google earth...

080B2E05-CCC2-420D-87D2-A56D4866FB76.jpeg

It may be the Crown Jewels but seeing great shots there is still a very rare event. Hit drive...what’s the number?...find iron that goes that number...hit iron to number (or something like)...putt for birdie...roll it 8 feet past...come back for par (because the greens are that good)...repeat.

The only time the PGA Tour events ever became interesting was when two players were in contention and it became a matchplay situation. Trouble is everything being dumbed down to a level meant that you would typically have 6-8 players in contention and then the spectacle is again diluted to the point of not being of interest at all.

Radius Classic 8

2 minutes ago, hogans71 said:

I don't really have a vested interest in this catfight as I find BDC to be a pedantic horse's a** while BK's too cool for school shtick to be completely played out. I do believe however, that this isn't going to go well for BDC. I could be off base here but BDC, with his perceived sense of superiority and eye rolls for days does not play well for many outside of the ropes. BK certainly rubs people the wrong way as well but IMO, he has the vast majority on his side regarding this particular slap and tickle. I suppose offers of free cases of beer helps the cause...

Unless the PGA Tour actually steps in and interjects between the two of them(and I honestly have no clue if that could even happen), this is going to go for awhile. And you know it will be front and center when they tee off(not paired of course😄) in the Ryder Cup...

Hoges!

I saw BD had his own contingent of fans yelling support for him as well.

I think it boils down to 

winning.

Pair these guys head to head and let’s se who makes who shut up on the course. 

With a busted knee, BD could mock him pretty easily right now but good on him for not doing so. He could easily be like,

”How’s your early retirement going Brooks? Looking at places in Del Boca Vista yet?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

"Good manners in public" to the ivory tower stuffy crowd means wearing a collared shirt that is tucked in. No jeans. No cargo shorts. No shirts without a collar. No music on the course. No hats worn indoors. It's just how you want to define "good manners." I'm saying this restrictiveness is hurting the PGA Tour--not helping it. I think shouting a name is harmless shenanigans. People here act like it's a crime against humanity.  I think those people are wrong and if the PGA Tour wants to grow their product they need to lighten up.

And kicking people out of a sporting event for shouting a name? This is America, man--not the Soviet Union. This is the land of the free and home of the brave. We've suffered enough tyranny in the last year. This has to stop!

652795001_EcGeQ6fX0AA863u.jpglarge.jpg.98f9d95cec4f9f9a25084076fa977ec7.jpg

I don’t think that “ good manners in public “ as a whole is a subjective idea.  We can argue  nuance, sure.  But as a whole we all pretty clearly understand that we don’t buy a movie ticket , then go in and wait until the action starts and start yelling over the movie as to ruin the other patrons experience.  Right ?  

I personally think that hecklers for a golfer provides the exact same level of ruination of the event that people paid money to see. Or at the very least it alters it in an unnatural way.  

and I’ll add. I read and agree with @bubbagump that it’s a minute minority.   And I too could probably jait move away form them if I were there in person. But.  The player can’t.  And That also makes me then say , what’s the harm in simply removing this loud minority , if the majority has a problem with that let them vote with their wallets and stop buying tickets out of protest.  I’d wager the opposite will happen.  

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, mahonie said:

It’s a moot point. You can still typically be 60 yards offline and still be looking at birdie on most TPC holes (obviously excluding water hazards).

My point is PGA Tour golf is a pale imitation of the real game diluting it down to a level that suits the knuckle dragging fraternity as exemplified by ‘Brooksy’ row.

It is not a moot point. Your contention in the post I was referring to was that fairways, "[...] typically 60 yards across[...]" I just told you then gave you some proof that they aren't 60 yards wide nor have they ever been close to that. And also while we are on the "fact finding mission" the PGA Tours fairway hit stat is calculated as "The percentage of time a tee shot comes to rest in the fairway or on the green. This only applies to drives where the location was determined by a laser." At least according to their hit fairway percentage statistic. Which if I am not mistaken, does not include the "first cut" as you state in a post of yours.

Take the L

Edited by BNGL