2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Update (Masters 2022) *** MERGED ***

stinger_gc

Who’s got the odds TW plays again tomorrow?  I figure if his ankle can stand two days stress, he’ll play and crawl around the course on day 4 if it means he wins.

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS 9.5 driver x-flex

Srixon ZX Mk II 3 & 7 wood stiff

Taylormade Stealth II 2 hybrid x-flex

Srixon ZX-7 4/5 irons stiff

Srixon Z-Forged II 6-PW stiff

Cleveland ZipCore RTX Tour Raw 52/56

TM Spider GT-X putter

XXIO premium bag on MGI Zip AT cart

Srixon Z-Star Diamond ball

50 minutes ago, SnowbirdTom said:

Who’s got the odds TW plays again tomorrow?  I figure if his ankle can stand two days stress, he’ll play and crawl around the course on day 4 if it means he wins.

he will play tomorrow at Medalist, today was a shake down cruise to see if the legs can take it, Im guessing he has a masseuse or PT waiting at the compound if not on the plane

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Depends on if you’re wealthy enough to have ice cream.   If you do then cobbler  ala Maude ….( lady who discovered the combo ) . Us poor folks had pudn-   Really ripe black  bananas are like .69 cents a bag today. Free once upon a time  ….true story. That’s why it’s so popular in the south.  Cheapest thing you can buy to make a dessert from.  

Heck. When I was in college I lived on bananas and bags of rice. Had to pay for greens fees!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

We need a updated WITB to see if anything new is in there😃

"Okay Charlie, I'll order a 7 wood, but no chance I'm getting a 9 wood!  I don't care what Joey says!!!"

• Haha 3

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

2 hours ago, aenemated said:

I was snacking on pimento cheese before I even knew what the Masters was - and I was pretty young when I learned about the Masters!

Got a batch of my homemade recipe in the fridge pretty much all the time. A toasted pimento cheese sammich makes a great late night snack. 

Man yes.  Toasted is the way ….

• Thanks 1

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, TiScape said:

We’ve gone back and forth over plenty… I’ll let you have your ‘nana puddin’! 😉 

🤣

The true answer of course is to have both !  I may just make both to go with my pimento cheese tray this year. Make basics mouth water from 4/5 states away.  😜

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, SnowbirdTom said:

If he can't or won't play tomorrow, he's not playing in the Masters next week

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

2 hours ago, oikos1 said:

Lol.  And just what are you projecting?

The PIP isn't about the money for Tiger.  It's about the F U to every other golfer.  He is going to take this latest gaffe by Phil and definitively claim the title of Alpha Male Golfer for the next 30 years.  Wherever he goes, whatever he does, he is going to dominate the scene.  And maybe he gets another major along the way.

This isn't about money, it's about Tiger's badassery.

I'm basing my comments off of the very words and actions of Tiger Woods for the last 25+ years. 

He has said over and over and over that he tees it up to win. Period. And that he cares mostly about winning majors.

He has never said or implied once, in 25+ years that he plays for money or would show up to a Major just for publicity or money only to withdraw or leave on Thursday.

So to say that he should show up to just enjoy himself and enjoy a dinner and leave on Thursday is just totally inconsistent with who we know Tiger Woods is. Based on what he has told us over and over about himself.

If you don't know that then you must have just started following Tiger's career in the last year. If that's the case no worries, but go back and do some research. 

Your ideas of this being "about Tiger's badassery" seem totally based on your own ideas and based on like barstool sports Instagram culture, and not on anything Tiger has ever actually done or said. 

"I've always figured that why go to a tournament if you're not going there to try to win. There's really no point in even going. That's the attitude I've had my entire life and that's the attitude I will always have."

Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-6-12-32-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-6-13-54-PM.png

https://www.pga.com/archive/news/pga-tour/tiger-woods-reaffirms-he’ll-only-play-long-he-can-win-even-masters

Edited by straightshot7

17 minutes ago, straightshot7 said:

I'm basing my comments off of the very words and actions of Tiger Woods for the last 25+ years. 

He has said over and over and over that he tees it up to win. Period. And that he cares mostly about winning majors.

He has never said or implied once, in 25+ years that he plays for money or would show up to a Major just for publicity or money only to withdraw or leave on Thursday.

So to say that he should show up to just enjoy himself and enjoy a dinner and leave on Thursday is just totally inconsistent with who we know Tiger Woods is. Based on what he has told us over and over about himself.

If you don't know that then you must have just started following Tiger's career in the last year. If that's the case no worries, but go back and do some research. 

Your ideas of this being "about Tiger's badassery" seem totally based on your own ideas and based on like barstool sports Instagram culture, and not on anything Tiger has ever actually done or said. 

If you don't think Tiger sees the PIP as something to win, then I'd say you're the one who hasn't been following Tiger.  Dude wants to beat everyone at everything.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tiger-woods-competitiveness-2015-4

If he can't play in the Masters, why wouldn't he still attend the Champions dinner? 

"Woods was unable to play in the 2017 Masters, but he did make the journey to Augusta to attend the Champions Dinner that year."

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/masters-tiger-woods-reflects-on-injury-visit-to-2017-masters-i-was-done

For being such a Tiger expert, you sure don't seem to know much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Blasphemer!!!

And the peach is a peach ice cream sandwich --- peach ice cream between two snickerdoodles!  To live for!

little place up here (north of Chicago) will have their peach ice cream , created from GA peaches , starting first week of May. we make a beeline to the counter.

carton for the house, cone for the car. pure joy.

• Like 2

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

32 minutes ago, straightshot7 said:

"I've always figured that why go to a tournament if you're not going there to try to win. There's really no point in even going. That's the attitude I've had my entire life and that's the attitude I will always have."

Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-6-12-32-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-6-13-54-PM.png

https://www.pga.com/archive/news/pga-tour/tiger-woods-reaffirms-he’ll-only-play-long-he-can-win-even-masters

His expectations have changed. 

“I don’t have to compete and play against the best players in the world to have a great life,” he told Golf Digest before using a mountain-climbing analogy. “After my back fusion, I had to climb Mt. Everest one more time. I had to do it, and I did.” “This time around, I don’t think I’ll have the body to climb Mt. Everest, and that’s OK. I can still participate in the game of golf. I can still, if my leg gets OK, I can still click off a tournament here or there. But as far as climbing the mountain again and getting all the way to the top, I don’t think that’s a realistic expectation of me.”

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

5 minutes ago, ode said:

When you guys say toasted, you mean in a toaster oven?  Make toast and serve pimento cheese on it? or like a grilled cheese?

I take honey wheat ( my bread preference) and put a thick layer of pimento cheese on one side , and toast it open faced.   Then put the top on and cut diagonally…. So yes. Like a grilled  cheese in the oven.  ( some people grilled cheese sandwiches on a griddle top with butter.  Mmmm that’s good too !  Lol. 

• Like 2

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

11 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I take honey wheat ( my bread preference) and put a thick layer of pimento cheese on one side , and toast it open faced.   Then put the top on and cut diagonally…. So yes. Like a grilled  cheese in the oven.  ( some people grilled cheese sandwiches on a griddle top with butter.  Mmmm that’s good too !  Lol. 

Ya reminded me I used to make toast with butter when I was a kid.

Then put good sprinkle of Nestle Quik chocolate power on it 😃

49 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

“I don’t have to compete and play against the best players in the world to have a great life,” he told Golf Digest before using a mountain-climbing analogy. “After my back fusion, I had to climb Mt. Everest one more time. I had to do it, and I did.” “This time around, I don’t think I’ll have the body to climb Mt. Everest, and that’s OK. I can still participate in the game of golf. I can still, if my leg gets OK, I can still click off a tournament here or there. But as far as climbing the mountain again and getting all the way to the top, I don’t think that’s a realistic expectation of me.”

Ya but TW once he get on course he go into prison yard mode and look to start shivving people

🤣

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ode said:

When you guys say toasted, you mean in a toaster oven?  Make toast and serve pimento cheese on it? or like a grilled cheese?

I just make the sammie like normal then pop the whole thing in the toaster oven. Cheese gets all melty and delicious. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

1 hour ago, ode said:

toast the bread, spread the cheese, squish the bread, watch the golf.

/said by the guy whose workshop had the toaster/

• Like 1

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

3 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

But was he flushing every shot with a worst ball 64? 😄

• Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-7i 26*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

3 hours ago, @_the_crook said:

little place up here (north of Chicago) will have their peach ice cream , created from GA peaches , starting first week of May. we make a beeline to the counter.

carton for the house, cone for the car. pure joy.

Says the guy with a Monty avatar. Very on brand!

👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

He moved his lips and words came out, I read them and didn't believe them.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Tiger Update (Masters 2022) *** MERGED ***