The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National (MERGED)

fillwelix

Phil needs a haircut and a swing coach right away!!!

This was Phil's last year preparing himself for a full schedule. He'll prepare for the majors and have fun on the Champions Tour every once in a while, but I think it's pretty obvious that he's not going to be able to hold up for a season. Great career.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Brit I did not foresee this result. I had it down as a very close match. Bjorn and the greenkeepers deserve credit for placing a premium on accuracy and negating the bombers on the US team. I feel sorry for Justin Thomas as he was excellent.

I can see Bjorn being offered the job next time. As for the US captaincy......errrrr……...Dave Stockon still healthy?

Blame captain Furyk, blame the partying on the flight over, blame the course set up and the course itself, blame pairings, blame the crowd, hell theres someone on here blaming the clothing, blame, blame ... ..... eblame. The truth is USA team ran into a buzz saw, and won't blame anyone but them selves. The outcome wasn't worth the hype but it rarely is. What I wanna know is did ya loose interest in the 2020 Ryder cup because of the 2018 Ryder cup result?

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

One of the most annoying things I hear every two years is American team spirit/chemistry doesn't match that of the Euros. I think that's b.s. Since the Belfry in '85, the Euros have just played better, plain and simple.

Over pages and threads of absurd commentary its the "well the US team doesnt like spending time together, the Euro team does everything together" comments that are ridiculous.

You ever seen the Instagram stories when some of these guys go on vacation together? I'd wager to say they like each other as much as the Euro team does.

US team simply didnt play well enough. Didnt drive it well enough all week and it was a GREAT course selection and setup. This is how you setup a course when the opposing team only has one guy in the top 90 in driving accuracy. Good on them.

This ^^^

The guy on XM radio (Mark Carnevale I think) said two things that really made sense. One was that the captains picks should have been guys with better driving accuracy. Kisner and Horschel for instance. Plus our inability to play as a team and changing game play based on your partners shot as needed.

Can we stop awarding the captainship to the loser generation of Ryder Cuppers? That would include Furyk, Phil, and Tiger. If it means giving it to Azinger every year then so be it. When you get sick of Azinger there’s always Freddie.

I think captaincy has been a problem in the US team for the past 20 years. Mostly no leadership. When Tom Watson got the post the players roasted him. It wasn't the players, it was the captain. This year there were so many subcaptains that they almost matched the players in number.

Disgraceful performance by Team USA but you can't blame the players. If you bring the best players year after year and they lose every time, you need to start questioning management. So here's what needs to change:

1) Why is the PGA tour holding an event the Sunday before the Cup? Cancel it, send the players over AT LEAST 7 days before tee off. 10 days would be better.

2) Drinking / party atmosphere on the plane. Get someone running the show who will DEMAND attention, you don't see this when football teams fly to the Super Bowl. AFTER they win, yes, party all you want. But beforehand it's time for preparation, not boozing.

3) Logistics. Why are the players wearing snow pants? They look like dorks, they know it, I'm sure it's in their head and affecting their game. TW looks like MC Hammer with those pants. Why do all the tour players have fitting clothes week after week on the tour, then they play for the Cup and it's a joke? Fire whoever was responsible for that, get someone who knows what they are doing.

4) Coaching. Absolute joke, get a real coach, not a former pro. BDC + TW is like oil and water. NOT pairing TW with Rors after what happened last week is the worst decision I have ever seen in the history of the Cup.

Dude, it's an exhibition match. If you want someone to run the team like a dictator then nobody will want to play.

Honestly, I don't think half the US team wants to play in this as it is (and I don't blame them).

Oh I see. You werent really bothered. It was an exhibition.

Yeah right.

No. I don't care at all.

There's a thread here for all the people who don't care.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1698920-golf-is-not-a-team-sport/

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

Now for predictions.

Picking the Ryder Cup winner is very easy.

For some odd reason, the team with the current Masters champion loses the Ryder Cup.

1985 Masters winner: EUROPE Ryder Cup winner: EUROPE : Bernhard Langer is the last man to win the Masters and play on a winning Ryder Cup team in the same year

1987 Masters: USA 1987 Ryder Cup: EUROPE

1989 Masters: EUROPE 1989 Ryder Cup: TIE (Europe did retain)

1991 Masters: EUROPE 1991 Ryder Cup: USA

1993 Masters: EUROPE 1993 Ryder Cup: USA

1995 Masters: USA 1995 Ryder Cup: EUROPE

1997 Masters: USA 1997 Ryder Cup : EUROPE

1999 Masters: EUROPE 1999 Ryder Cup: USA

2002 Masters: USA 2002 Ryder Cup: EUROPE

2004 Masters: USA 2004 Ryder Cup: EUROPE

2006 Masters: USA 2006 Ryder Cup: EUROPE

2008 Masters: INT'L 2008 Ryder Cup: USA

2010 Masters: USA 2010 Ryder Cup: EUROPE

2012 Masters: USA 2012 Ryder Cup: EUROPE

2014 Masters: USA 2014 Ryder Cup: EUROPE

2016 Masters: EUROPE 2016 Ryder Cup: USA

2018 Masters: USA 2018 Ryder Cup???????

Also the team with the worse average OWGR has won 10 out of the last 13 Ryder Cups and the US holds a strong lead in that stat.

Using vast amounts of circumstantial evidence it is clear that the Euros will win the Ryder Cup this year.

tenor.gif

One of the most annoying things I hear every two years is American team spirit/chemistry doesn't match that of the Euros. I think that's b.s. Since the Belfry in '85, the Euros have just played better, plain and simple.

Over pages and threads of absurd commentary its the "well the US team doesnt like spending time together, the Euro team does everything together" comments that are ridiculous.

You ever seen the Instagram stories when some of these guys go on vacation together? I'd wager to say they like each other as much as the Euro team does.

US team simply didnt play well enough. Didnt drive it well enough all week and it was a GREAT course selection and setup. This is how you setup a course when the opposing team only has one guy in the top 90 in driving accuracy. Good on them.

This ^^^

The guy on XM radio (Mark Carnevale I think) said two things that really made sense. One was that the captains picks should have been guys with better driving accuracy. Kisner and Horschel for instance. Plus our inability to play as a team and changing game play based on your partners shot as needed.

Phil needs a haircut and a swing coach right away!!!

This was Phil's last year preparing himself for a full schedule. He'll prepare for the majors and have fun on the Champions Tour every once in a while, but I think it's pretty obvious that he's not going to be able to hold up for a season. Great career.

Phil win this year. He still has some gas in the tank.

I think no matter the outcome (holding the fat L today) we need to get the young guns some play if they aren't in the top 8..Like Xander, got get their teeth cut! They are going to be seeing the Euro and other young guns on a regular basis.. Cut this, "Imma pick you cuz your a legend nearing the end of your career"!

I don’t think the Americans care about the Ryder Cup like they should. I think the addition of the Presidents Cup has watered down the Ryder Cup a lot for the American players.

The Americans care, the Europeans just seem to care a lot more.

Sure they care, but they don’t get up for this event like the Europeans do. Ho hum event for USA.

Tiger = GPFE - guaranteed point for Euros!

In fairness, he didn't have it and I'm not surprised after the victory which had to be draining, jet lag, travel, and apparently under the weather. I guess that's all the excuses, other than Patrick Reed played like crap - his win today meant little or nothing.

Can't just magically play well and Euros were great - and what's wrong with them getting a home game? Somebody going to win each year, we'll get them in Wisconsin.

I don’t think the Americans care about the Ryder Cup like they should. I think the addition of the Presidents Cup has watered down the Ryder Cup a lot for the American players.

The Americans care, the Europeans just seem to care a lot more.

Sure they care, but they don’t get up for this event like the Europeans do. Ho hum event for USA.

When USA wins, they seem to care a whole lot more.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

French Open on this course every year... when was it announced as Ryder Cup venue? How many of the Americans Team bothered to go and play it over the last couple of years?

Some American stars lost to players the average US golf fan couldn’t pick out of a police line up!

There you go.... some issues are self inflicted