Brooks can dish it...

jons1

Brooks is on his way to becoming more hated than Patrick Reed with his arrogance and dirty digs at other players. Yes he is talented, but remember how many players came into the limelight much younger than he was when he finally won a major. And all of those players have learned the hard way how hard it is to try to accomplish even half of what Jack and Tiger did and have done. Brooks will likely be learning that too. Because not only is the competition level on tour at an all-time high, but lets not forget Brooks has already had wrist and knee surgeries. And time is not always kind to surgically repaired body parts.

Brooks,

there is a nice guy, thinks because he’s got a couple of PGAs it make him a great,

what a complete ass hole,

only person that likes Brooks is his caddy and Claude, oh and less we forget Brooks himself !!

there has been many great sportsman over the years, the difference between the greats and the wanna be tools of this world is class,

all the greats have it, Jack, Arnold, tiger, Watson, and today Rory, JT,

but this tool is such a complete bore, seriously who is his management Team,

do they not realise this guy is as popular as Patrick reed !!

in know you do not have to be nice,

but when You start the silly mind games we club Players do When we’re With the guys on a weekend

it’s poor,

now I know There are that some will say he’s a major champion with more money than he ever needs and does he really care what we think,

probably not,

but class is permanent, he’s got 0000,

I love watching this great game,

whether it’s played over here or over there, but I pay a sky sports subscription to watch this idiot being interviewed, he’s giving it the large Mr Nasty, I’m the Man speeches, well guess what Brooks,

you ain’t,

get to Jack and Tigers numbers and you got the right to throw it down our throats if you feel we need to bow at your feet !!!

you May not have Rorys cell number,

or anyone else’s On tour,

but guess what, I doubt they want yours either !!!

• Like 2

Brooks saying what he did, with the benefit of hindsight, was not the most sensible but as a golf fan looking for some needle in the game it was brilliant. The common consensus around the game these days is that the players are too bland, have no personality and scared to say anything for fear of causing upset. Yet when someone does come out with something outlandish, they are essentially labelled a dick.

This is professional sport. The game starts before the tee it up and Brooks realised that. Him saying that was simply his attempting to get in the head of his competitors. They will have known exactly what he said on Saturday night. It could have easily gotten in their head and helped clear the path for Brooks. In the end, combined with his poor play it back-fired but I have no problem with what Brooks was trying.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Brooks loves Brooks. But Brooks ain‘t MJ or Tiger. If you talk smack and can’t follow it up with an absolute magic performance, you screwed yourself. Absolutely deserved.

Brooks loves Brooks. I love Rory for calling him out.

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

Just in case anyone missed this in the clamour to label Brooks a jerk (or more likely another four letter word of your choice ?) - this was Brooks following on from his round "But it's my first bad round for a while in a major, and I was just there to cheer Paul on. That was it, just trying to help him get it in the house and see how well he could finish, because I had put myself out of it already."Paul struck it really well and putted really well. I felt like he probably could have had two or three more. A couple of putts, if he hit them, I think they would have been in."I think that's the adjustment you've got to make from the practice putting green here to going out and playing. They are a little bit slower out on the golf course than they are on the putting green. But he played good. Hats off to him. It was fun to watch.

Pretty decent of him to be there trying to keep Casey going. It certainly seemed like they enjoying it out there as a two ball.

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Brooks has a new music single out. If anyone cares to hear it , here’s a sneak peak .

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Young guys in sports make mistakes with the media. Brooks not only takes the bait, but he throws chum in the water half the time. If he had said something like... I'm in a good position. If I play well Sunday I think I've got a good chance. I've won this before so I know I can get the job done if I continue playing the way I am... No one would think that was arrogant or have any problem. He throws DJ under the bus, and basically says the leaderboard is filled with no names that will choke. Even if he thinks that, which clearly wasn't the case, you shouldn't be such a moron that you say it. And if you're going to be that guy, back it up. Bottomline, he's not as good as he thinks and should spent more time working on his game than trolling on social media.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

He thinks this is about him as well...

image.jpeg

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Brooks went on a tear where he was driving it in almost every treeline and even out of the rough was hitting his approach shots better than most and where he wanted while playing the majors. Add into that a putter that seemed to always get hot during the majors and you get a guy with a great record in them. Yesterday was not one of those days, he had the second worse score of the day and after saying he was better prepared to handle Sunday than anyone else near the lead. He said in a much more jacka$$ish way and singled out DJ. Who may or may not care about the comments or about winning.

Brooks is gonna eat crow, he ran his mouth and not only did he not win or even come close to backing it up, but he fell back to 29th. He is gonna get ribbed and he deserves it.

Brooks had always seemed like the guy that didn't flinch in the majors, especially when the conditions were super difficult. Tiger never flinched until injuries caught up to him.

Morikawa didn't flinch yesterday. It was more difficult than a regular tour event, but it wasn't a US Open or The Open from last year when it was super, super difficult. I love his game and his iron play and think he will be around for a long time with how quiet his hands are through the ball.

HOWEVER, and it is a big however. He was chasing. When he goes into a final round with a lead and out plays his competition on the final day that is another level. Anyone who has played big time events with a lead going into a final round(a us am, state am, or even a club championship) that will speak candidly with you will tell you there is a difference.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

The golf media is eating this crap up, I really didn't think that Brooks said anything out of line Saturday, he said it in a dickish way yeah. We all want bravado until there is bravado and suddenly its not cool? He didn't do himself any favors yesterday, but I fully expect him to get right for the last 2 majors this year. While we are on the Brooks topic, Rory's nice guy / zen master thing is getting really old. I know talking isn't going to be Rory's thing, but his rebuttal about DJ being 7 times better than Brooks was weak and came off in the same vein. Yet the media ate it up and loved it because it was Rory.

BK came into the week not really having his A-game and yet still was in contention coming into Sunday.

Just locker room talk fellas... that's all it is...

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

With that bad boy of a beer michelob ultra in his hand. Can't imagine talking sh>t to anybody with that in my hand.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

I grew tired of Brooks' trash talking pretty early on. I just don't see the fit in golf. I came from football and boxing where if a guy opened his pie hole you were going to get the chance to stuff a knuckle sandwich in it. In that situation it's pretty b*llsy. In golf, it just looks like a guy acting tough to a street sign. Disconnect for me.

The trouble with bravado in golf is that you can be off just a little and get pounded on the scorecard, especially with a tougher setup. He basically said the same thing Brandle said about DJ, he struggles to close. But you cannot play defense in golf against othe players. It is still you against the course in stroke play. The course won against him yesterday. Like earlier comments said, he was lucky to be in contention with his recent form being inconsistent. There are reasons guys don’t three peat.

Imagine getting this worked up over a guys comments when he doesn't even know you exist.

This builds rivalries and creates interest. He was asked a question and spoke his mind instead of giving a stock answer. You can hate him all you want but he has won majors and usually does back up his talk. He was out there with a bum knee and didn't make excuses for his play. If anything he talked up Casey after the round.

Well, as long as he understands he gonna take a pounding now, that’s fine. He makes little wise cracks but now the guys can crack on him like,

If they ask Bryson how he feels next time he’s in contention, Bryson be like,

“ Yeah, just hope I don’t get “Brooksed” and go down in flames right out of the gate.”

Ever see Kingpin?

Be like this but “Brooksed” instead of “Munsoned” ; )

39bde8c3-5c44-4fb6-a6d2-30a1909ae49b.jpeg

^ It was the degradation of his 442 that really broke my heart. ^

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler