2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Anything new with Srixon 2022

2 minutes ago, GoGatorsChomp said:

That’s called the ZX5 then 😉

Categorically incorrect. I want a friendly 1 piece endo forging. Sounds like they're giving it to me! 🙂

Edited by ChristopherMcDonald
  • Like 1

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

My approach may be different than most WRXers. I am due for a fitting this year and I am all but sold on the ZX5 (4-6), ZX7 (7-9). My brother landed on the ZX5 and I absolutely love them. 

I can’t afford buying the new clubs with upgraded shafts from Club Champion but I can wait to buy used when you folks upgrade.

Any reason to wait for the new ones to get fit?

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 - Ventus Blue 6S
Ping G410 LST 3wd - Alta Stiff

Srixon ZX5 MKii, 3i - KBS C-Taper Lite S 110g
Srixon ZX7 MKii, 4-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite S 110g
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50, 55, 60 - DG S400
Odyssey Prototype #9

4 hours ago, agoose10 said:

My approach may be different than most WRXers. I am due for a fitting this year and I am all but sold on the ZX5 (4-6), ZX7 (7-9). My brother landed on the ZX5 and I absolutely love them. 

I can’t afford buying the new clubs with upgraded shafts from Club Champion but I can wait to buy used when you folks upgrade.

If you get a quote through Discount Dan’s, you’ll be very pleasantly surprised how cheap the soon-to-be-replaced models currently are brand new. And mine shipped really fast. (I have a combo set of ZX4 5 iron, ZX5 6-7, ZX7 8-PW.) All in it took less than a week: ordered on a Thursday, shipping notification Monday, at my door Wednesday.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

4 hours ago, agoose10 said:

Same combo I have been playing all summer. Perfect set. I got the zx7s 1 strong. 

The rep was fitting current models but told me to hold off.  All the new irons will blend better across the board.  Again if you saw the clubs they all look very nice, very very similar to what they look like now, just putting a little more mass behind the ball, they designed/moved the weighting to be placed more center in back of club.  They looked nice.  It was really the wedges that he was chirping about and this new spin/water tech they will have on the face.   He said March fittings begin.  It'll be a successful launch for sure.  Wedges looked clean and really nice.  How will this new "tech" compare to whats out there, who knows.  Golfwrx will do a deep dive I'm sure.    I can honestly say based on the pics I saw Srixon did NOT mess up this upcoming new launch by any stretch based on the pics I saw.  

Edited by mtnbiker5
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, mtnbiker5 said:

The rep was fitting current models but told me to hold off.  All the new irons will blend better across the board.  Again if you saw the clubs they all look very nice, very very similar to what they look like now, just putting a little more mass behind the ball, they designed/moved the weighting to be placed more center in back of club.  They looked nice.  It was really the wedges that he was chirping about and this new spin/water tech they will have on the face.   He said March fittings begin.  It'll be a successful launch for sure.  Wedges looked clean and really nice.  How will this new "tech" compare to whats out there, who knows.  Golfwrx will do a deep dive I'm sure.    I can honestly say based on the pics I saw Srixon did NOT mess up this upcoming new launch by any stretch based on the pics I saw.  

do you recall what the new Cleveland wedges were called?  Other than face changes, are they similar to the zipcores?

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST MAX w/MMT 60 X

Fairway - Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS w/ MMT 70 X

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 21 3H w/ Evenflow Black 85 X

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore 50 / 54 / 58 w/ TT Spinners

Putter(s) - Evnroll ER2 Blackout | Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven DB Tour Line

Pretty sure zip core.  they look similar to what is out now, minor changes but very very nice.    If you can find a Srixon fitter rep I'm sure he/she can bring it up on their phone and show you the 2023 catalogue.   The guy had it on his phone and was scrolling through everything for me.  I believe he said January will be the launch and fittings sometime starting in March.  He mentioned how their products are being discounted now to clear shelves and get ready.

Edited by mtnbiker5
  • Thanks 1

i dont think any club can beat out my current zx5, they are simply perfect

• Like 2

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

1 hour ago, mtnbiker5 said:

Pretty sure zip core.  they look similar to what is out now, minor changes but very very nice.    If you can find a Srixon fitter rep I'm sure he/she can bring it up on their phone and show you the 2023 catalogue.   The guy had it on his phone and was scrolling through everything for me.  I believe he said January will be the launch and fittings sometime starting in March.  He mentioned how their products are being discounted now to clear shelves and get ready.

Not sure anyone has confirmed a blade update yet or not? Did I miss that?

Ping G400 LST (10) - Tour AD XC 7TX

Taylormade 300 Mini Driver (13.5 @ 43") - Tensei Pro White 80 TX

Mizuno STZ 5 Wood - Ventus Red 9X

-or-

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 Iron (18*) - Aldila RIP Alpha 105X Hybrid Shaft

Taylormade P750 Tour Proto (2017) - PX 6.5 - 4-P

Cleveland RTX4 Black - 50/54/58

Scotty Phantom X5 (2022) - 34" - 10G weights

2 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

Are the current irons being discounted now? I was thinking of getting a set with Steelfiber 110. I love my ZX5 but shaft felt bit heavy toward end of my rounds.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Max 7 wood

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey Ai-One #7 Broomstick 46"

When the faces brown, I’ll be down.  Until

then the zx7s in.  🤦🏻‍♂️

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

Good for Srixon making the ZX7 more game improvement. The current model is barely above a forged MB. If guys on tour are playing it, most weekend players have no business doing so. There is a market for the one-piece forged MB/CB but it's pretty slim - very popular in JDM lines, though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

8 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Good for Srixon making the ZX7 more game improvement. The current model is barely above a forged MB. If guys on tour are playing it, most weekend players have no business doing so. There is a market for the one-piece forged MB/CB but it's pretty slim - very popular in JDM lines, though.

I have a set of 7s and a set of PXG Gen 5Ps. I honestly don't find the 7s any more punishing than the PXGs. Not sure if I am a better ball striker but tend to think I am not. Had the i210s and also T100s while I have had the 7s. The Srixon are definitely more forgiving than the Titleist and its not close. The rest are all very similar.

14 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I personally disagree. The ZX7 is the model down from the blade, so a tour cavity. It shouldn’t be game improvement based, that’s what the ZX5 is for. If they start to make the ZX7 more game improvement then they have a huge gap between the top end of their iron lines. The ZX7 is already “friendly” for its style of iron when you look at what it’s competing against, and it is also the best feeling iron I’ve ever hit. Against a T100, P7MC, Apex TCB it’s already the most forgiving and it isn’t even close. If you want game improvement, go for the ZX5 not the 7! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I find the zx7 to be very forgiving.  I think they are the best iron i have played.  I do have them combo'd with 4 and 5 in the zx5 but i think i would have been fine to go all zx7.  Im  a single digit but certainly dont consider myself a great ball striker.

The main thing I love about them is, as a player that sometimes has issue with too much spin, i rarely have any shots that balloon on me. They are also fantastic for hitting knock downs and punch shots

17 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Have you played the X7's? because they are remarkably forgiving. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heck2507 said:

Have you played the X7's? because they are remarkably forgiving. 

Yes. People claim they are forgiving but tbh I dont know what benchmark they are applying. Are they more forgiving than a one-piece MB or some other competing one-piece CB forgings? Yes. Are they more forgiving than a hollow-body or foam-filled players-shape iron? No.

• Confused 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

11 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

I have a set of 7s and a set of PXG Gen 5Ps. I honestly don't find the 7s any more punishing than the PXGs. Not sure if I am a better ball striker but tend to think I am not. Had the i210s and also T100s while I have had the 7s. The Srixon are definitely more forgiving than the Titleist and its not close. The rest are all very similar.

I agree

1 hour ago, GJR10 said:

I agree

yep.  I play ZX7 (2 years now) and they are incredibly forgiving. More so than t100s and it's not even close.

Can't wait to see the New Zx7 - I hope they move back to DG for a stock shaft.  I know ordering is no big deal but I fit into standard LL and would love to get a set off the rack with DG120 or S300

• Like 1

2024 Bag TBD

I have had 745, 765, 785, X7.  They are crazy forgiving.  I have tried the equivalent Callaway and Titleist Ap2/T100.  They are at least as forgiving.  I hit 5 irons all the time that are 1/2 inch off center and they end up near pin high.  I really dont understand how they do it.   I am essentially scratch.

My son is a college golfer.  He is convinced he had occasional jumpers — I have never had that happen.  He is now T100 but definitely doesnt think they are more forgiving

21 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Now This Dude knows how to jump start a Srixon thread. Well played, and so true. 

2 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Yes. People claim they are forgiving but tbh I dont know what benchmark they are applying. Are they more forgiving than a one-piece MB or some other competing one-piece CB forgings? Yes. Are they more forgiving than a hollow-body or foam-filled players-shape iron? No.

Sounds like you equate forgiveness to launch and distance, because that's all those hollowbody irons are giving you. ZX7 offer as much help as needed. Better off working on your game, not equipment if you need more than that.

• Like 3

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

ZX7 offer as much help as needed

This is why there is a WRX. The 7 is a beautiful iron for sure and is ok'ish in the forgiveness category but can we PLEASE remember that this is a recreational activity and the some of the best ball strikers IN. THE. WORLD. play the ZX7. If Srixon believed as do you then they're only in the 5 and 4 realm for the $$$$$, those awful profiteering mongers. How bout we just wait and see. Srixon would be best served of they increased the sole a touch on both the 5 and the 7 series but only up to the 7 iron. Make each set its own progressive set and remove the ZX4 altogether. The players who think that the 7 is too chunky will go the Z Forged. There's no amount of sole that could be seen in the 8-A that needs to be seen and multi material construction aids in this design theory. MOST avg golfers likely consider anything they hit inside 150 to be scoring clubs and beyond that they just want to get onto the putting surface. 

4 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Is that not the point though? Why would you compare the perceived forgiveness of a full on game improvement iron to an endo forged head? 

zx7 when compared to heads in it’s class are remarkably forgiving 

• Like 1

We all know how forgiving the ZX7 actually are (or the whole 7 Series). No need for a more forgiving Iron.

The only welcome change for me would be a smaller Topline, or a shaved one like the Cobra MB has.

But that's not going to happen. 

If you want more forgiveness, go ZX5 or Combo.

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS 9* Tensei AV Raw white 60 S
Fairway: Callaway Paratem Triple Diamond 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

DI: Titleist U500 23* HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 6.0
Irons: Titleist T100 5-Gap Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges: Taylormade Hi Toe 54/60 Project X LZ 6.5
Putter: Odyssey O Works 7
Ball: Vice Pro

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Teams

I'm getting little more distance with my PXG Gen 5's over Srixon.  Mis hits also felt a little better.  To each his own.  If you can find a Srixon rep they should be able to bring up the new sticks being launched.  They all look very nice, similar to whats out now, minor tweaks.   Still have V soles.   All models will blend very well in the bag.   Also said the new balls being released will blow me away.  

Edited by mtnbiker5

So all the reps have the new pdf Booklets on their phone and showing them to shop owners and tour staff.

Why we don't have pictures if the reps showing them already to everyone who is interested ?

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS 9* Tensei AV Raw white 60 S
Fairway: Callaway Paratem Triple Diamond 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

DI: Titleist U500 23* HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 6.0
Irons: Titleist T100 5-Gap Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges: Taylormade Hi Toe 54/60 Project X LZ 6.5
Putter: Odyssey O Works 7
Ball: Vice Pro

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Teams

• pga43 locked this topic