2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gillis has proof he needs to present it. Otherwise he needs to STFU and go away. Interesting he has been twitter silent for some time. Wonder if the PGA Tour silenced him?

Nobody silences Tom Gillis, OK!

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

$3k might be the public number.

Word gets out that he got 10%, his wife or kids may go missing.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but it is a real concern for high profile / wealth individuals south of the border.

Can't believe this thread blew up to 10 pages and I'm sorry but since the first time I saw it there are 8 additional pages so TLDR BUT

I believe there may certainly be some truth to the above post.

And if so, Kuch is, at least on here, between a rock and a hard place. He can't tell everyone he gave the guy 10% and the guy can't admit it.

Banks or no banks (I did see that far), if it's a rough part of town and if the "bad guys" know he's got that kind of scratch he and his family could be in some real trouble.

Wouldnt the "bad guys" rob all the millionaires that play and live in all the mansions and condos

That are right there by the course.

Meantime, the caddie, per the article, makes 50k a year and plays golf on that course all the time. 8 handicap.

Prolly got a set of PXGs ; )

$3k might be the public number.

Word gets out that he got 10%, his wife or kids may go missing.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but it is a real concern for high profile / wealth individuals south of the border.

Can't believe this thread blew up to 10 pages and I'm sorry but since the first time I saw it there are 8 additional pages so TLDR BUT

I believe there may certainly be some truth to the above post.

And if so, Kuch is, at least on here, between a rock and a hard place. He can't tell everyone he gave the guy 10% and the guy can't admit it.

Banks or no banks (I did see that far), if it's a rough part of town and if the "bad guys" know he's got that kind of scratch he and his family could be in some real trouble.

Wouldnt the "bad guys" rob all the millionaires that play and live in all the mansions and condos

That are right there by the course.

Meantime, the caddie, per the article, makes 50k a year and plays golf on that course all the time. 8 handicap.

Prolly got a set of PXGs ; )

Let's just say that I'm a bit skeptical on some of the things I read about people in foreign countries, especially ones like the one to our southern border.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

"A rumor is a premature fact"...or in other words, where there is smoke, there is fire. Twitter nonsense aside, speculations, and fake concerns for safety in Mexico...one has to step back and wonder, why is this a story in the first place? Of all the rumors to spread, of all the players to target, of all the stories to embellish; why this one? Gillis says over and over he is trying to get the caddy paid, so in the background something is off. All we know from Kuchar was it's not $3,000 and it's not 10%. Ok, so what is it? Certainly there is a way for Kuchar to come clean and not give an exact amount. Not because he owes the Twitter-verse an explanation, but because his rep is on the line, so stand up for it instead of the lame excuse "there is no story"

I am also not buying any of this nonsense was that it is a secret to protect his family/safety. If we are to believe Mexico is so dangerous, he would have been robbed that week of the $3K.

No loss for me...I was never a Kuchar fan in the first place. So he's cheap, I am not shocked. He probably kicks dogs too when no one is looking!

"A rumor is a premature fact"...or in other words, where there is smoke, there is fire. Twitter nonsense aside, speculations, and fake concerns for safety in Mexico...one has to step back and wonder, why is this a story in the first place? Of all the rumors to spread, of all the players to target, of all the stories to embellish; why this one? Gillis says over and over he is trying to get the caddy paid, so in the background something is off. All we know from Kuchar was it's not $3,000 and it's not 10%. Ok, so what is it? Certainly there is a way for Kuchar to come clean and not give an exact amount. Not because he owes the Twitter-verse an explanation, but because his rep is on the line, so stand up for it instead of the lame excuse "there is no story"

I am also not buying any of this nonsense was that it is a secret to protect his family/safety. If we are to believe Mexico is so dangerous, he would have been robbed that week of the $3K.

No loss for me...I was never a Kuchar fan in the first place. So he's cheap, I am not shocked. He probably kicks dogs too when no one is looking!

Kuchar's reputation isn't on the line. He just won a Tournament in Hawaii. You think he gives a damn about Tom Gillis and a $3,000 rumor?

This unsubstantiated (and denied) rumor will do nothing to Kuchar's legacy. The only people that really care to keep this going are the pot stirrers.

Even if the payment to the Caddie in Mexico was $1...guess what... that's a private matter between Kuchar's and the Caddie. Of which, nobody on this site a a party to.

Your argument lost all credibility with this:

"No loss for me...I was never a Kuchar fan in the first place."

Just say you don't like the guy and move on.

If he didn't bonus him out after the win (not 10%, but 10K minimum), then it's just bad form. Like ordering a $1000 bottle of wine, and then not tipping the full amount because all the waiter did was pop the cork (this topic is much discussed among winos and servers)...if you can afford the bottle, be generous and tip the full amount.

A lot of things I regret in my life...generosity is never one.

Like this, but generosity comes from something within

Not from idiots on twitter

First heard that this was a rumour on Saturday when I was having a beer with a couple of friends, sounded so bizarre that it had to be true, I mean who gets anything out of making something this ridiculous up.

My thinking now though is that no one, absolutely no one comes out of this looking good.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Did Kuch kick this dudes dog or something? Didn't this Gilles start up some crap about someone else a while back that turned out to be nothing?

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

No reason for this post. Just funny.

http://youtu.be/-pP7nYDqOTY

What I figured ... Napoleon complex. He’s jealous of kuchars height and rugged good looks.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Totally wrong "definition" of rumor. "Where there is smoke there is fire" is why people starting rumors, especially in this day and age, are able to exploit all sorts of situations.

That phrase was coined by a gossip, lol.

Did Kuch kick this dudes dog or something? Didn't this Gilles start up some crap about someone else a while back that turned out to be nothing?

Gillis said that Crane owed Berger money and he was right

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

This thread is an embarrassment. This is everything wrong with the internet in one complete package.

This ^^^ ×1000! Twitter, Facebook etc = the favorite place for malcontents and social justice warriors to display outrage about things that are none of their business or they are ignorant of the facts.

This thread is an embarrassment. This is everything wrong with the internet in one complete package.

Detrick Westbrook, Chicago Tribune:

And I thought I had life figured out; then I read the “Interesting Development” thread at WRX. If a genie had sprung from my teakettle last week and offered to grant me three wishes, I might impulsively have asked to be spared from reading this thread three times. Since the first post, it has been lapped by wave after wave of big, often gloppy posting thoughts adapted from previously rebuked material, mostly from the mother ship called the information superhighway. I loathe this thread.

Carol McMorpheus, Rochester D&C:

This thread, while suffering from an identity crisis, has the feel of a postcard-scenic sideshow from days gone by. It calls to a simpler time when peddlers lined the streets and animals ran unabated in public places. I applaud the effort but can’t give it a full second thumb as I am still trying to shuffle through the mire of nauseating point-making diction.

Gillis said that Crane owed Berger money and he was right

But was it his place to squeal ? Snitches used to get stitches. Now they just go wild on Twitter.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Detrick Westbrook, Chicago Tribune:

And I thought I had life figured out; then I read the “Interesting Development” thread at WRX. If a genie had sprung from my teakettle last week and offered to grant me three wishes, I might impulsively have asked to be spared from reading this thread three times. Since the first post, it has been lapped by wave after wave of big, often gloppy posting thoughts adapted from previously rebuked material, mostly from the mother ship called the information superhighway. I loathe this thread.

Carol McMorpheus, Rochester D&C:

This thread, while suffering from an identity crisis, has the feel of a postcard-scenic sideshow from days gone by. It calls to a simpler time when peddlers lined the streets and animals ran unabated in public places. I applaud the effort but can’t give it a full second thumb as I am still trying to shuffle through the mire of nauseating point-making diction.

I read those, cool that this thread was noticed. Couple more I saw,

'This pretentious ponderous collection of posts is enough to prompt the question, "What day did the Lord create the Interesting Development thread, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?"'

Also,

'This tasteless thread is a good indication of the lack of poster intelligence within. The stupidity of this thread cannot even be charted. It is treading water in a sea of sophomoric prose and bad poetry.'

<I lifted/edited those from Spinal Tap, of course ; )

BTW, who is this Tom Gillis guy anyway ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow