Walkers with Carry Bags, do you carry all 14 clubs?

I walked with all 14, with a lightweight bag ( sun mtn 3.5) and would minimize stuff in the sides to keep weight down.  However I just kind of lucked into a great deal on an electric cart and my god the difference was unbelievable.  Being able to walk and not have to carry the bag is a huge game changer.  Can’t believe how much better i felt on back nine and I can’t see myself playing again without one, unless on a trip somewhere.

• Like 1

i started to walk more this year. i got myself the 2020 ping hoofer 5 slot carry bag.  i love that bag as its super light weight and carry all 14 clubs.  i take about 8 balls, laser, tees, and usually take 2 big powerade bottles. im 34 and havnt had any issues carrying. usually finish a round of golf in 2.5 hours if there isnt much trouble with other golfers infront of me. its actually quite enjoyable and rewarding at the end of a round to know i walked the miles and hours.

Walk nearly all of my rounds.  Full set for me is 12 clubs (I'll switch out long iron(s) for a hybrid). Have used Ping stand bags since they came out, currently walk with Hoofer Lite bag; don't have anything in the bag I won't use.  Happy walking!

Ping G410 Driver
Cally Epic 4 Wood

Founders Club 200 Series MBs or BeCu Ping Eye2 or MacGregor CB92s, Ping Eye2 SW

Ping Zing2, MyDay in BeCu or Goodwood SS Sunday

I'm 58 and carry all 14, balls, towels, anemometer and 24oz water bottle. But I've also been doing that for 40+ yrs. Start with half and work your way up. OR, invest in a nice push cart!

BT

• Like 1

Dr#1 Cobra Speedzone 10.5 – HZRDUS Yellow HC 65 TX @ 46”
Dr#2 Mizuno STZ 220 9.5 (10.5) - HZRDUS Smoke IM10 65 Low TX @ 46"

Mizuno ST190 15 - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 43"
Mizuno STZ 220 18- HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 42"
Mizuno MP15 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Cobra MIM Wedges 52, 56 & 60 – stock KBS Hi-Rev @ 35.5”

Odyssey V-Line Stroke Lab 33.5"
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

Used to carry 14 given I could not afford to ride, but then begin to ride with 14 but still could not afford it and when the time came that I could afford it I stopped playing.

Older now with different priorities and needs. Don't carry 14 but 7 instead. Could carry 14 but would be too tired by the time I get home for Honey, do prior to supper. Being tired I am apt to say something I would regret. Still, would have to do the chores, however, but without expecting bananna pudding. Might give up a stroke or two, but for what I lose on the course I gain at the table. 

Old Cuss

Not me, I carry 8 or 9 clubs most often walking or riding.  I’d say over the last three years 90% of my rounds have been played that way.  The few times I’ve taken my “full” set it’s really only 12 or 13 clubs....and even then I tend to only use the ones outside my standard 8-9 club set a few times a round at most.  I like playing with fewer clubs and don’t find it really impacts my score.  

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

Always carry 14 clubs, these days in my new Jones Players Series sunday bag.  It's been years since I was a member of a course where I could go out with a couple of clubs in hand and hit and putt around the course.  Someday again...

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

I walk almost all of my rounds, and always take a full set of 14 clubs. This summer has been pretty rough having to carry all the water I’ll need for the round due to there being no coolers on the course (usually about 8# of water). 

I really don’t find it bothersome to carry at all. The key is to make sure your straps are adjusted to evenly distribute the weight laterally between the shoulders and vertically between the shoulders and hips. 

I do dream of a half set in a Sunday bag... maybe someday when I get to play more than once a week or am a member at a club and can pop out for 3-9 holes when I have just a little time.

Titleist TSi3 - Diamana ZF, 60tx

Mizuno MP Titanium 15* & 18* - Diamana Kai’li, 70 & 80x

Ping G410 22* hybrid - Steelfiber i110cw, x

Mizuno MP68 (raw) 4i-PW - Steelfiber i110cw, x

Some stuff I ground myself (raw) - Steelfiber i110cw, x

3DP Design Long / Slant Neck custom Morris - OG Whiteboard, 83x

Lamkin Crossline Cord | ProV1 | MacKenzie Original Walker

When I was a young man, I carried all 14 plus a windbreaker.  Now, I use a push cart and have half a closet in my bag plus a half gallon of water.  My wife always jokes that she will be my caddie if I ever get on tour.  But she's not carrying all that stuff.  We'll see about that.  I know I got tired carrying the bag from the parking lot to the far end of the range last week.  

For the most part this year I've either

A) 35-40% of my rounds - used my Clicgear push cart with a Ping Hoofer Mascot and take the full 14 club set but still keep the extras pretty minimal.  My course has some pretty good hills, particularly on the front 9, so pushing can be fairly strenuous at times, especially when it's soft out.

B) 60-65% of my rounds - Titleist Linksmaster Caddy - very minimal extras and always either 9-10 club set.  It's not the lightest bag by any means but it carries well.  My back isn't quite well enough to carry 14.  If I wanted to I'd probably look at getting a very lightweight carry bag like a Titleist Carbon 4 or SM 2.5+.

Love pretty much everything about the Linksmaster except for the weight (I've estimated it just a shade over 5 lbs.)  I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with another lightweight carry bag before the end of the year.  How I hide that from home "management" is another story!

Carry all 14.  Will leave off umbrella unless necessary but will carry if necessary.  One reason to do your squats over the winter!

AS mentioned, straps are key.  I have a Sun Mountain 4.5 LS, and the straps are nice and puffy.  Makes a big difference in the comfort level.  Agree as well about carrying being easier than pushing in a lot of cases.  Wet conditions especially.  Wife thinks I'm nuts, but once I stop carrying it's right to the electric cart.

• Like 1

The only thing I really take out are my alignment sticks. I have a Club Cameron Sunday bag from a couple years ago. Balls, a few tees (plastic so they don't really break) and a towel all stay in the bag, along with all 14 sticks. It's super light. I carry that pretty much all the time, unless the weather is bad and in that case, I push my staff bag with all the rain gear and  an umbrella with an extra towel or two. I live in the mountains, so pushing isn't ideal most places I play. For reference, I'm only 41 and I'm 6'5", 270 lbs, so I don't really find my staff bag all that heavy lol.  

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

AT 67, I carry a Sun Mountain 2.5+ or a Ping Moonlight, with 10 clubs, of which 4 are woods.

Sometimes I play with a Ping Rapture 2-wood, G25 5-wood, and hickory 3, 5, 7 irons (equivalent to 5, 7, 9), niblick and putter.  Maybe add my 7-wood or hickory spoon (which always wants to hook).

Edited by gvogel
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I've normally only had 12 clubs in my bag at any given time - save for last year when I got into thrift shopping, and bought a buttload of wedges to pump up my low-end.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

Carry all 14. I bought a lightweight stand bag (Titleist StaDry) because riding was not an option most of the spring into summer, haven't taken a cart yet.

Heaviest thing in the bag is the water, but that load gets lighter as the round proceeds. I carry 10 balls, but always finish with 20, also increasing the weight.

I'm considering a push cart, but really don't mind carrying, walking has helped me lose weight...

On 9/15/2020 at 10:19 PM, kiwh said:

MacKenzie, PJ model, I walk 9 2x a week and 18 once. 
When it’s over 100*, I carry: 3wd, 3h,5,7,9,pw,54, putter. 
Under 99* : Driver, 3wd, 3h,4h, 6,7,8,9,pw,54 putter. 

So I’m somewhere between 8-11 clubs, a couple towels and a water bottle. 

432312C5-5237-4488-BFE0-91A1941D8D60.jpeg

love you’re choice of logo!

• Like 2

On 9/19/2020 at 9:12 AM, 3putt4thewin said:

I carry my normal 12 for 95% of my rounds.  I use either a MacKenzie, Seamus Fesuce bag or Ping Moonlite for most of those with the new hooferlite for the odd round.  Skip a lot of the extras and bring a towel, golf balls tees and that's about it.

Which bag is your favorite? I have a moonlite and just got a Jones. Right now I might prefer the moonlite but I am hoping the Jones will grow on me. Those Seamus and Mackenzie bags look sweet. I think by looks along I’d go with a Seamus.

1 hour ago, erikro said:

Which bag is your favorite? I have a moonlite and just got a Jones. Right now I might prefer the moonlite but I am hoping the Jones will grow on me. Those Seamus and Mackenzie bags look sweet. I think by looks along I’d go with a Seamus.

The Seamus is my favorite but the MacKenzie is the one that gets used the most.  I really like the moonlite too, just not as much as the other two.  The hoofer lite is pretty much only used for rounds with a cart.