2021 Pro V1 and Pro V1x

MattyO1984

4 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Oh, then I think I am going to like the 2021 version.That was my only compliant on the 2019 Pro V1x was that it was a little to firm for my liking but it performed for my game so I just learned to deal with it.  We shall see.  Anyone know of an online shop where I can order a sleeve of each of the 2021 versions? 

Titleist will send you free sleeves if you do a virtual ball fitting (which costs nothing) with them 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 7:15 PM, hammergolf said:

So you feel the '21 V1X spins more than Tour B X? I am def intrigued and looking forward to try. If it is as long as Tour B X off the tee it could be the new ball. But I LOVE the Tour B X, so if it is better than that......

I play and love Tour BX. A close friend of mine works for Titleist and works hard to get me back with Pro V's. He got me a couple dozen white box V and X about six weeks ago. He believed the 21 X would easily beat BX with driver distance and greenside spin... however, I did not find that true at all.

21 X is much firmer than BX. I would say it's similar driver distance but launches higher than I like. Plus, it has more spin in the middle of the bag tea BX, which I don't like. The final nail in the coffin of 21 X, for me, is it has nowhere near as much greenside spin as BX... and when you miss lots of greens, I need the bite getting up and down to those tight pins lol.

No doubt the 21 Pro V's are great balls and will be played by the best golfers in the world. But for me, the BX is still the unicorn that fits me perfectly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

13 hours ago, blam89 said:

Titleist will send you free sleeves if you do a virtual ball fitting (which costs nothing) with them 

Right on and thank you - - - I did not know that.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

there have been so many versions of a "lower launching" ball that this thing should be traveling 2" off the ground  

the marketing is unbelievable and seeing everyone parrot this stuff is a SMH scenario.....

claims are typically based on launch data of new version versus last version ... it would be absurd if they compared it to any ball ever made (though they probably have tons of data since trackman existed).

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

On 2/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, G-Bone said:

I play and love Tour BX. A close friend of mine works for Titleist and works hard to get me back with Pro V's. He got me a couple dozen white box V and X about six weeks ago. He believed the 21 X would easily beat BX with driver distance and greenside spin... however, I did not find that true at all.

21 X is much firmer than BX. I would say it's similar driver distance but launches higher than I like. Plus, it has more spin in the middle of the bag tea BX, which I don't like. The final nail in the coffin of 21 X, for me, is it has nowhere near as much greenside spin as BX... and when you miss lots of greens, I need the bite getting up and down to those tight pins lol.

No doubt the 21 Pro V's are great balls and will be played by the best golfers in the world. But for me, the BX is still the unicorn that fits me perfectly. 

Duuude. Just saved me some $$ Love my BX and was really thinking about trying the ‘21 Vx. It has been a unicorn for me too. Have a bag full of TP5’s that I refuse to use. 

I’ll just stop following this thread now. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Did the virtual ball fitting; was outstanding. They really have made a linear progression, per the rep of AVX - V1 - V1x left dash - V1X.

I think for many of us over 40, it was just so hard to finally grasp that the X is a higher spinning ball in SOME areas.

I was V1 all the way but he wants me to try left dash as well.

awesome experience; highly recommend 

• Like 2

On 01/02/2021 at 4:36 PM, hammergolf said:

For me, I just don’t see a ball that can beat the B X. I mean it’s almost the perfect ball for me. Only thing it could possibly do is be a bit softer.

I could not agree more with this. The BX is an incredible ball which, for me at least, outperforms the Pro V1 in every department.

That said, I've not tried the 2021 Pro V. I'll do some testing this season but it's hard to see it beating the Bridgestone. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shakespeare said:

Maybe ill go to the bridgestone thread and say how great the pro v's are ...without hitting the bridgestones...geez

I get what you are saying.

However, if you read my post, you will see I have had access to 21 Prov's for almost two months and have played them extensively... and for me, the BX was a better ball.

That said, more amateurs and professionals will play Pro v's thousand times more than any Bridgestone... So Titleist wins the war!

• Like 4

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Ok, I played Spyglass today with the new Pro V1s (yellow color). Fairway conditions were wet (rain yesterday + morning dew), greens were in good shape but probably less firm than usual due to the water. The PGA Tour will be on the course in 8 days so they were getting ready for the event and I suspect they let the rough grow out more than usual. Weather was sunny, 50 degrees, 7 mph wind.

First tee shot was well struck but I left the face open a bit and ended up behind a small tree. Hopefully Titleist adds tree avoidance technology to the 2022 ball.

It seems to me that the new ball spins more than the previous, but I need a few rounds at my home course to make sure. On a number of shots, my wedges / short irons spun back more than I expected. I have to say I did hit one of the best played approach shots of my life on 11. I layed up to a wedge distance on the par 5. Flag was middle of the green and wind was blowing slightly right to left so I took aim at the right edge of the green (I typically hit a draw with my irons). The shot came off more right than I expected, but I got my expected ball flight, and the ball landed on the far right side of the green, a bit past the hole, probably 25 feet away from the hole. The ball then spun to three feet!!! Perfectly played, even though it was mostly luck. Let's not talk about the putt afterward, ok?

I did lose one ball on hole four (duck hook on tee shot) but played the same ball 4-18. I didn't notice any more or less wear than last year's model. I will put the same ball in play for my next round.

Overall happy with the ball, I do like the new alignment marker.

In the pic below there's a monolith thing in the background. That's the tee marker for the Tour, they have those setup already. Looks like it will be a good event to watch.

.IMG_5274.jpg.18b3ec7a0b3a5d78d562f0a78c30aaa2.jpg

Edited by tw_focus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tw_focus said:

Ok, I played Spyglass today with the new Pro V1s (yellow color). Fairway conditions were wet (rain yesterday + morning dew), greens were in good shape but probably less firm than usual due to the water. The PGA Tour will be on the course in 8 days so they were getting ready for the event and I suspect they let the rough grow out more than usual. Weather was sunny, 50 degrees, 7 mph wind.

First tee shot was well struck but I left the face open a bit and ended up behind a small tree. Hopefully Titleist adds tree avoidance technology to the 2022 ball.

It seems to me that the new ball spins more than the previous, but I need a few rounds at my home course to make sure. On a number of shots, my wedges / short irons spun back more than I expected. I have to say I did hit one of the best played approach shots of my life on 11. I layed up to a wedge distance on the par 5. Flag was middle of the green and wind was blowing slightly right to left so I took aim at the right edge of the green (I typically hit a draw with my irons). The shot came off more right than I expected, but I got my expected ball flight, and the ball landed on the far right side of the green, a bit past the hole, probably 25 feet away from the hole. The ball then spun to three feet!!! Perfectly played, even though it was mostly luck. Let's not talk about the putt afterward, ok?

I did lose one ball on hole four (duck hook on tee shot) but played the same ball 4-18. I didn't notice any more or less wear than last year's model. I will put the same ball in play for my next round.

Overall happy with the ball, I do like the new alignment marker.

In the pic below there's a monolith thing in the background. That's the tee marker for the Tour, they have those setup already. Looks like it will be a good event to watch.

.IMG_5274.jpg.18b3ec7a0b3a5d78d562f0a78c30aaa2.jpg

Agree,  you will need to really do a comparisson in your home course, specially since you played a tour caliber course (where greens are immaculate and will almost always get significant more spin than regular courses).  But I agree, the new 2021 Provs are excellent.  I played the X last saturday and fell in love,  need to try the regular prov soon,

So, the consensus is:

the V1 spins more on the greens?

The V1x spins more in the air?

I’m so confused.

Been playing the V1x for sometime thinking it spins more on the green. Did it go the other way again, back the V1? I wish they wouldn’t jump back and forth on their performance attributes with these two balls.

Or it’s possible I’m reading this all wrong. Clarification appreciated!

11 hours ago, TFavor said:

So, the consensus is:

the V1 spins more on the greens?

The V1x spins more in the air?

I’m so confused.

Been playing the V1x for sometime thinking it spins more on the green. Did it go the other way again, back the V1? I wish they wouldn’t jump back and forth on their performance attributes with these two balls.

Or it’s possible I’m reading this all wrong. Clarification appreciated!

In MY experience I find V spins more around the greens and X spins more into the greens.  That said, my friends at Titliest all tell me that I am crazy.  Then we go out on the practice green and they see it for themselves.... V bites harder on short chips and pitches.

But that's just my findings... Again Titliest doesn't agree with me... shocker. lol

• Haha 1

Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

So here’s my two cents after 4 rounds with the X ... and I’ve played the last two years with the V1. 

The 2021 X spins more than the 19’ V1, DOES NOT feel similar to it at all. The 21’ X spins more with wedges and is about the same as the 19’ V1 with the mid irons .. it also launches higher than the V1, noticeably so with the driver. 

I’m still not sold on the 21’ X, still a little firm for my taste .. but I like the bite it gives around the green. Clunky off the putter, which I didn’t like either. 

2 index, 100 rounds per year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2021 at 3:18 PM, tsecor said:

there have been so many versions of a "lower launching" ball that this thing should be traveling 2" off the ground  

the marketing is unbelievable and seeing everyone parrot this stuff is a SMH scenario.....

Never once did it state it's lower launching then the previous generation. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dcm325 said:

So here’s my two cents after 4 rounds with the X ... and I’ve played the last two years with the V1. 

The 2021 X spins more than the 19’ V1, DOES NOT feel similar to it at all. The 21’ X spins more with wedges and is about the same as the 19’ V1 with the mid irons .. it also launches higher than the V1, noticeably so with the driver. 

I’m still not sold on the 21’ X, still a little firm for my taste .. but I like the bite it gives around the green. Clunky off the putter, which I didn’t like either. 

2 index, 100 rounds per year. 

Sounds like the V1 is the best option if you like the 19 model 

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

7 hours ago, jons1 said:

Sounds like the V1 is the best option if you like the 19 model 

I’m trying the 21’ V1 next. The reason I went with the 21’ X first is based on Titleists claim that both 21’ balls are softer. I still found the 21’ X to be much firmer than the 19’ V1. 

If I can’t get my pants tent up for the 21’ V1 I’ll either be stocking up on 19’ V1s or going back to the Bridgestone BXS model for this season. 

4 hours ago, dcm325 said:

I’m trying the 21’ V1 next. The reason I went with the 21’ X first is based on Titleists claim that both 21’ balls are softer. I still found the 21’ X to be much firmer than the 19’ V1. 

If I can’t get my pants tent up for the 21’ V1 I’ll either be stocking up on 19’ V1s or going back to the Bridgestone BXS model for this season. 

i cant wait to play a round with the 21 pro v1..so soft whoop

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 1:21 PM, Oldboy said:

$49/dozen .. we've officially reached the 50 dollar mark for a dozen balls

It's almost like prices are inflating every year. Weird.

• Haha 2

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

After playing the V1x last week I decided to give the V1 a try today.  Compared to the V1x (and the left dash I had gamed most of January) the '21 V1 felt like a completely different ball.  Felt way softer - so much I thought I was losing a lot of distance, but that wasn't the case.  A few well struck balls on the same course I play 90% of the time gave me a great indication that no distance for me was lost with the '21 V1.  I loved the new cover and felt the ball was great with wedges and the putter.  My short-lived crush with the left dash and '21Vx are in the past - I'm sticking with the '21 V1.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Londoner said:

We haven't have we?

I was just pricing out new balls for the season and came up with these prices.  Srixon usually comes out with a special at the first of the year, three for the price of two.  Not sure I will be purchasing ProV at $50 per dozen when there are other brands out there for less money.  I know these are not all equal but I can live with $22 per dozen for a good ball. 

Prov1. $50

B RX. $45

Tour speed. $40

Tour soft. $35

Q-Star Tour. $33 (see special)

MTB Black. $33

Q-Star Tour. $22 (buy three for price of two)

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Spent an hour testing 2021 PV1 vs 2021 PV1X and had some interesting results indoors on Trackman.

The 21’V1 was launching about 1-2 degrees higher with about 400 less spin.

21’X was 2mph ball speed faster across 4-7-Driver

21’V was almost too soft for me with ZX7’s while 21’X was identical to 19’V in terms of feel but with a bit more launch and spin.

Will be 21’X for me given a close friend got me a bunch for $33/dozen 

7 iron 21’V

4 iron 21’X

A1A278A0-3102-4B85-9D79-A4C920EF8AA0.jpeg

41924746-31AC-4666-9076-CCDD9DE199AD.jpeg

Edited by Brooks Cupcake
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, crazygolfnut said:

I was just pricing out new balls for the season and came up with these prices.  Srixon usually comes out with a special at the first of the year, three for the price of two.  Not sure I will be purchasing ProV at $50 per dozen when there are other brands out there for less money.  I know these are not all equal but I can live with $22 per dozen for a good ball. 

Prov1. $50

B RX. $45

Tour speed. $40

Tour soft. $35

Q-Star Tour. $33 (see special)

MTB Black. $33

Q-Star Tour. $22 (buy three for price of two)

If the less expensive ball does what you need than go for it. 

Each year I buy 8 dozen balls and that seems to last me for the year (120 rounds) giver or take a dozen. I don't lose too many balls and tend to wear them out. I buy Pro V1s at the 4 for 3 deal and as a result the price is $300 for 8 dozen or $37.50 a dozen.

So I could buy a $22 ball, but that's just a $1.29 per ball savings. Over the course of the year that works out to less than $1 a round. Given this I am not too fussed about hunting down the best value ball I can find if I like the Titleist offering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1