Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

HateTheHighDraw

5 hours ago, orangeology said:

yes anyone can be entitled to have an opinion, no matter what. tho,

if i got an accident and rolled over on the roadside with fractured bones, not sure if the first thing i'd like hear is something like 'were you drunk?"... 

quite simple at least to me. someone got injured, what i'd hope first thing would be 'oh s$%^. hope the person's ok. if not, hope the person feel better soon. not because that person was famous Tiger Woods nor i'm a fan of him. 

hope he recover soon. really hope to see him play again. #godspeed

If you rolled your car over on a clear day in the company of no other traffic and you were conscious and not critical when the police arrived you can bet all that you have that you will be asked if you had anything to drink that day (no matter what time it is).  It is perfectly reasonable to consider impairment when a driver is found upside down in the bushes and 100 yards from his side of the road. It seems irresponsible to me for an officer to not evaluate a person’s sobriety in that scenario if possible, it doesn’t matter if you would “like it” or not. Don’t want people to question your sobriety?  Don’t appear on television higher than Sputnik on a Sunday then roll your car off the street on Tuesday. 

The responding officer found no evidence of alcohol and no reason to suspect impairment- but he at least considered it and justifiably so. 

• Like 1

Being an off week?? Would he be porting his own sticks around in the car / suv ?? 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

1 hour ago, jswjr said:

Lots of posts about if Tiger can physically recover and play PGA golf again......and that's fine...

However after this accident Tiger may not have the desire to play tournament level golf anymore.....

I know I've been all over the place in this thread about whether or not Tiger will play again, but here is a little snippet. Knowing Tiger he will go above and beyond with his treatment and exhaust all avenues before hanging it up.   

https://www.outkick.com/tiger-woods-reportedly-doesnt-want-career-to-end-like-this/ 

• Like 1

"Medical exemption".  Just like Casey Martin got a few years back. Tiger will be out for one full year, then seek the use of powered golf cart coz he won't be able to walk properly the full 18 holes per day of a tourney.

He'll start slow, on some foreign course to test the waters.  Maybe the ZOZO in Japan again, or the HERO in India. Naturally he will draw massive crowds and once again, sponsor a great golf revival. 

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest he pimp his ride in orange/white motif, some tiger stripes, jazzy wheels and furry steering wheel. He will tote that buggy wherever he goes, just like the pope.

The Tiger haters will object loudly. But the PGA/USGA and medicos will come through with the paperwork and xrays to give the GOAT another shot at glory.

It's understandable that many are hoping to see Tiger back.  The game is simply not as much fun to watch without him, or someone like him who competes with that intensity and has a chance to win every week - at least I don't think it is.  I was hoping Bryson D. might fill in the void some, but he's proving to be pretty inconsistent.   Last year was a pretty good indication Tiger was finished competing seriously, and after news of another back surgery, it seemed pretty definite this year wasn't going to be any improvement.  Obviously, any speculation on that is a moot point now.   But the guy could have died, and there would still be people hoping he could make a comeback.  That's just the impact he's had on the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jswjr said:

Lots of posts about if Tiger can physically recover and play PGA golf again......and that's fine...

However after this accident Tiger may not have the desire to play tournament level golf anymore.....

1 hour ago, Naptime said:

I fear he will be an ceremonial starter at Augusta much sooner than we would have otherwise thought.  The rest of his body will continue to age as he rehabs, and he was realistically at the tail end of a fabulous career anyway. A bit like Serena, arguably the TW of women's tennis, getting close but not quite enough to win against younger players in the majors. With the wreck there likely won't be a real "farewell tour" final plan playing year. I expect that we will next see him in a pro event as a Ryder Cup captain. Thanks for the memories.

Or, we perhaps can refrain from guessing and see how the recovery goes.   

image.png.1e286491567a7f1d176c30de28697ee1.png

It was a "car accident", nothing "life-threatening."   

image.png.3d8abe3257775ed3ed7df47a781701dd.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, jobin said:

"Medical exemption".  Just like Casey Martin got a few years back. Tiger will be out for one full year, then seek the use of powered golf cart coz he won't be able to walk properly the full 18 holes per day of a tourney.

He'll start slow, on some foreign course to test the waters.  Maybe the ZOZO in Japan again, or the HERO in India. Naturally he will draw massive crowds and once again, sponsor a great golf revival. 

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest he pimp his ride in orange/white motif, some tiger stripes, jazzy wheels and furry steering wheel. He will tote that buggy wherever he goes, just like the pope.

The Tiger haters will object loudly. But the PGA/USGA and medicos will come through with the paperwork and xrays to give the GOAT another shot at glory.

Tiger will never play in a PGA tour event with a cart, he has way too much pride for that. He either can walk 18 and play golf or he will hang em up.

• Like 4

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

Great podcast by Hank Haney going over the injury after speaking with his orthopedic surgeon. Very detailed. Tiger is lucky it’s his right leg. 

Podcast link

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

2 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Being an off week?? Would he be porting his own sticks around in the car / suv ?? 

I sell houses and I always have golf clubs in my vehicle. A professional golfer/golf course developer on his way to give a celebrity lesson having golf clubs in his vehicle isn't very surprising to me. Now, if he had "Open House" signs in his suv I'd probably raise an eyebrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, golfandfishing said:

If you rolled your car over on a clear day in the company of no other traffic and you were conscious and not critical when the police arrived you can bet all that you have that you will be asked if you had anything to drink that day (no matter what time it is).  It is perfectly reasonable to consider impairment when a driver is found upside down in the bushes and 100 yards from his side of the road. It seems irresponsible to me for an officer to not evaluate a person’s sobriety in that scenario if possible, it doesn’t matter if you would “like it” or not. Don’t want people to question your sobriety?  Don’t appear on television higher than Sputnik on a Sunday then roll your car off the street on Tuesday. 

The responding officer found no evidence of alcohol and no reason to suspect impairment- but he at least considered it and justifiably so. 

They think not taking a blood sample will end speculation but it will have the opposite effect. Someone there knows and based on history with celebrities it will leak out at some point. Heck there was blood on the airbag. I could see someone wiping it off and getting it tested at a lab. May not be admissible in court but it leads to ask the right questions.

Yeah...he really looked out of it Sunday OMG. Hope he gets to enjoy life with his kids and his near billion dollars in assets. I would...big time.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Lakeeffectgolf said:

I would love to know the last recorded speed on the vehicles computer. 

I've lived in the area and went on that road many times. It will be AT LEAST 55. After knowing how the crash happened? probably 65-75.

If more than that? Tiger should thank Genesis everyday rest of his life.

I’ve been through the range of emotions lately. At first I saw the wrecked SUV and just hoped Tiger was alive. He was, sigh of relief. Then we hear he has broken legs. Ok, but now it looks to be just one. Then a busted ankle and reports that it’s a nasty break and his ankle was “dust.”Soft tissue injury. Now orthopedic doctors heard the hospital’s report and are saying the injuries are quite serious. I can’t tell if it’s just doctors who is familiar with the injury and everything is super serious to those who are in the know or not. 

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

1 hour ago, kasting333 said:

Great podcast by Hank Haney going over the injury after speaking with his orthopedic surgeon. Very detailed. Tiger is lucky it’s his right leg. 

Podcast link

Funny how Haney only seems to be relevant (other than getting canned) when he writes about or talks about Tiger, lol.

Even these random doctors bolstering their personal social media "relevance" with analysis - kind of embarrassing, or should be.

• Like 1

So law enforcement says it was an “accident” and will not issue a citation.  I practiced motor vehicle law for 41 years and typically there WOULD be a citation for speeding or careless or reckless driving.  Possibly an animal or something appeared suddenly on the roadway which could be a defense, but the accident still involves significant speed, possibly twice the speed limit.

• Like 3

Callaway XR, 10.5. Fujikura Pro, R
Callaway XR, 15*
Taylormade SLDR 19*
Mizuno MP 64 4-PW, Project X 5.0
Cameron Studio Selecot Newport 2
Mizuno 52, Titleist Vokey 56, 60

2 hours ago, KRAMER1997 said:

I know I've been all over the place in this thread about whether or not Tiger will play again, but here is a little snippet. Knowing Tiger he will go above and beyond with his treatment and exhaust all avenues before hanging it up.   

https://www.outkick.com/tiger-woods-reportedly-doesnt-want-career-to-end-like-this/ 

One of the dumber stories I've seen on the subject. It seems highly unlikely that Tiger is even capable of grasping what the challenges ahead may be, since the doctors themselves don't know. One suspects the source close to Tiger was Steiney, who doesn't want his meal ticket to retire.

2 hours ago, junkfry said:

Right foot on a brake pedal or floor board during a high velocity MVA more than likely will equal a pilon fracture or a very nasty Lisfranc injury.

Exactly, and if its either or both, recovery will be very difficult. No matter how well I have fixed those injuries, the patients are just never the same. Two of the worst injuries one could sustain of the lower extremity. Plus his compartment syndrome and fasciotomies. Those may (usually) need to be skin grafted to be closed. I feel really bad for him.

• Like 2

$$$$

1 hour ago, PuttCurseRepeat said:

I sell houses and I always have golf clubs in my vehicle. A professional golfer/golf course developer on his way to give a celebrity lesson having golf clubs in his vehicle isn't very surprising to me. Now, if he had "Open House" signs in his suv I'd probably raise an eyebrow.

CB93625D-C44E-46ED-8F59-9DC89E6F55D5.jpeg.96f247d3481e2c76bdc804942b623df6.jpeg

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Funny how Haney only seems to be relevant (other than getting canned) when he writes about or talks about Tiger, lol.

Even these random doctors bolstering their personal social media "relevance" with analysis - kind of embarrassing, or should be.

I mean it’s the biggest story in golf obviously and he went over what we know about Tiger’s injuries with his doctor and took notes. He’s not throwing out reckless allegations like Jaime Diaz on GC. 

I had a bad view of Haney after his Tiger book but I listened to him on Johnny’s WRX pod and it was really insightful so I listening to his podcast.

He’s the best golf analyst out there and completely fair with his Tiger analysis. 

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

23 minutes ago, ALIF said:

Exactly, and if its either or both, recovery will be very difficult. No matter how well I have fixed those injuries, the patients are just never the same. Two of the worst injuries one could sustain of the lower extremity. Plus his compartment syndrome and fasciotomies. Those may (usually) need to be skin grafted to be closed. I feel really bad for him.

Me too. It's gonna be a long and uncertain road back for him.

Edited by junkfry
changed my mind on the comment
  • Like 2