Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

HateTheHighDraw

15 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

If his insurance rates go up?

TW gonna need to stage a takeover of Geico if he want to ever drive a car again.

Who gonna insure TW?

TW call insurance guy like, “Hi, this is Tiger Woods....hello?   hello?”

Shaq says, “me and the General got you covered Tiger!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/30995679/sheriff-department-executes-warrant-black-box-data-tiger-woods-suv

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has executed a search warrant to get data from the so-called "black box" from the SUV that Tiger Woods was driving when it crashed last week, according to multiple reports.

To get a warrant, probable cause that a crime was involved has to be determined, even if it's just a misdemeanor. A sheriff's deputy downplayed the warrant as routine to USA Today Sports on Tuesday, saying he considered it due diligence.

"We're trying to determine if a crime was committed," Sheriff's Deputy John Schloegl said. "If somebody is involved in a traffic collision, we've got to reconstruct the traffic collision, if there was any reckless driving, if somebody was on their cellphone or something like that. We determine if there was a crime. If there was no crime, we close out the case, and it was a regular traffic collision."

The black box data can show a vehicle's speed, steering angle, acceleration and braking activity.

• Like 2

I’m getting a negative Big Brother vibe here.  Not unlike Siri and Alexa invading my privacy. I understand this was a loaner or rental car, so situation is a bit different. But in our personal cars is this happening?  I recall nothing revealed in any recent car or truck purchase. No am I aware of any statute requiring this to be present. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

I’m getting a negative Big Brother vibe here.  Not unlike Siri and Alexa invading my privacy. I understand this was a loaner or rental car, so situation is a bit different. But in our personal cars is this happening?  I recall nothing revealed in any recent car or truck purchase. No am I aware of any statute requiring this to be present. 

Information is recorded in the ECM for diagnostics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duct Tape said:

Most vehicles built after 2010 (Higher end vehicles since 2000) have integrated data recorders . During a crash they provide vehicle data for a brief moment in time (IIRC 10-15 seconds) prior to the actual crash.

• Like 1

Titleist....

2 hours ago, Duct Tape said:

Oof. I’m IT Security and let me just say, you have no clue how many thing are watching/recording you 24/7. Or what police departments have access to.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Arn said:

Oof. I’m IT Security and let me just say, you have no clue how many thing are watching/recording you 24/7. Or what police departments have access to.

yeah , part of my medical job involves a lot of tech, but still don’t like it. Thx for all above, learned something today.  I’m selling my F150 and going to restore my ‘55 Ford pickup!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, dropkicked said:

Most vehicles built after 2010 (Higher end vehicles since 2000) have integrated data recorders . During a crash they provide vehicle data for a brief moment in time (IIRC 10-15 seconds) prior to the actual crash.

+1.

Was just about to say the same thing. It all coincides with flash memory getting cheap, processors getting good, and governments getting serious about fuel economy and crash test standards. And it isn’t “spying,” it’s just modern vehicle management working within a modern can-bus system.

Your car is not “spying” on you* as the term is commonly understood among those who don’t understand how cars work (*leaving aside things like GPS navigation or voice commands). But if you crash a car built within the last 10-20 years it almost certainly knows what you were doing input-wise right before you crashed. And the more recent the car the more granular the data.

And while I’m on the subject let me clear up another misconception about modern cars that keeps popping up in this thread. ABS doesn’t mean cars don’t leave marks on the road when someone stomps on the stop pedal. And anyway all that braking info is easily pulled from a computer after a crash.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Duct Tape said:

Why is your vibe negative, Duct? I do not believe that feeling to be a logical one. 

The Story of a Voice: HAL in '2001' Wasn't Always So Eerily Calm - The New  York Times

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dropkicked said:

Oh yea.  They can tell how fast , and how quickly you got to that speed , some with lane assist can even tell how often they’ve corrected your driving either by assist or alarm.  

we will see the day when your car testifies against you in court for speeding.  Minus an accident.   

• Haha 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

58 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Oh yea.  They can tell how fast , and how quickly you got to that speed , some with lane assist can even tell how often they’ve corrected your driving either by assist or alarm.  

we will see the day when your car testifies against you in court for speeding.  Minus an accident.   

I'll take a bet that won't happen.

9 hours ago, Gsea said:

Saw that, will be interesting. Too bad they didn't get the pre-surgery blood results. And for the record not looking for criminal charges or Tiger bashing just be interesting to find out what happened to cause a crash that bad.

They can get the blood results if they so desire.  All that’s needed is a warrant which makes the Sheriff Dept statement that he wasn’t impaired kinda silly.  A blood screen would have been taken prior to his surgeries likely right on arrival and although the blood itself might not still be available, the results and toxicology probably are.

In the Bag:

Driver: 10.5 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 60

Fairway Wood: 15 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 70

Fairway Wood: 19 Epic Flash Tensei Blue 75

Irons: Apex Pro '19 4-AW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95

Wedges: 54 MD4 and 58 '19 PM Grind 

Grips: Tour Velvet Jumbo

Putter: Odyssey MXM 9 HT

Balls: Chrome soft Triple Track

1 hour ago, farmer said:

As a bright thought, when Alex Smith was hurt, he was in an extremely contaminated environment.  In Tiger's case, he got up, ate, worked out, took a shower and put on clean clothes.  Maybe his chances for infections have been reduced by his normal activities.

The hardware itself is often the cause of infection....but that is not uncommon, and can be handled many ways.

Blood clots and infection are what Tiger needs to avoid. Then he can start the grind to work on quality of life. It is a Grind. 

I did it. And Tiger is far stronger than I was. 

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

There is a wealth of information stored on the vehicle’s SRS module when the bags deploy.  At my tow yard, there have been instances where vehicles have been involved in a fatal collision.  Sometimes, but not always, the SRS modules are then removed by the State Highway Patrol or by the District Attorney’s office and the data is used in the investigation.  The newer the model of the car, the more information that is stored.

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 8.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

8 hours ago, Old Tom Morris said:

There is a wealth of information stored on the vehicle’s SRS module when the bags deploy.  At my tow yard, there have been instances where vehicles have been involved in a fatal collision.  Sometimes, but not always, the SRS modules are then removed by the State Highway Patrol or by the District Attorney’s office and the data is used in the investigation.  The newer the model of the car, the more information that is stored.

Is this the same information source that insurance companies tap into with their 'safe driver' plug-in devices?  I just started one of those programs, surprised by the information the devices provide (hard stops/accelerations, idle time, maps of each trip taken, late night driving time, ...)

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

9 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

I'll take a bet that won't happen.

Lol. Havent you seen night rider ?  KITT had a mean streak !  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Based on accident data already known, I would surmise they will be looking at the traction control information.  This will identify the point in time the first tire left the pavement, or lost traction.  Did he swerve first or was it speed excessive that caused his tire(s) to lose contact with the pavement (or a combination of both)?  It will be interesting to hear what happened.  

Traction control can manually disabled by the driver. 

I doubt he turned it off.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

Is this the same information source that insurance companies tap into with their 'safe driver' plug-in devices?  I just started one of those programs, surprised by the information the devices provide (hard stops/accelerations, idle time, maps of each trip taken, late night driving time, ...)

Unsure about exactly how driving data is accessed for that purpose.  Or which module is logging/producing it.

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 8.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

18 hours ago, BC33 said:

They can get the blood results if they so desire.  All that’s needed is a warrant which makes the Sheriff Dept statement that he wasn’t impaired kinda silly.  A blood screen would have been taken prior to his surgeries likely right on arrival and although the blood itself might not still be available, the results and toxicology probably are.

And how are they going to get that warrant when the officers at the scene already stated they didn't see evidence of impairment?  There is nothing silly about that statement because they need to be able to articulate impairment to get the warrant.  No impairment means no probable cause for drugs/alcohol.  No probable cause means no warrant.  

%7BI copied this from Microsoft News, for whatever that is worth......

image.png.10b3beec6c81951a03388d483869578c.png© Provided by The Spun Tiger Woods at the Genesis Invitational.

Tiger Woods reportedly did not remember driving on the morning of his accident last week, according to information acquired by USA TODAY.

According to the report, the 15-time major champion told officers on the scene that he did not remember driving that Tuesday morning.

Woods initially was unconscious after the crash in Southern California when a resident found the golfer trapped in a loaner car and with blood on his face and chin, according to the affidavit, which was submitted by Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy Johann Schoegl.

“The deputies asked him how the collision occurred” at the scene of the crash, according to the affidavit. “Driver said he did not know and did not even remember driving…  Driver was treated for his injuries at the hospital and was asked there again how the collision occurred. He repeated that he did not know and did not remember driving.”

We still don’t know much about Woods’ accident, other than he suffered serious leg injuries and there’s no evidence to suggest he was impaired.

More information could be learned soon, though.

USA TODAY reports that the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has “executed a search warrant to obtain data from the black box in the car.”

The crash is believed to be completely accidental, but the black box could shed more light on what exactly happened.

The stretch of road in Los Angeles that Woods was driving on is known for being somewhat dangerous, with several crashes in recent years

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

5 hours ago, Old Tom Morris said:

Unsure about exactly how driving data is accessed for that purpose.  Or which module is logging/producing it.

Insurance companies use a telematics device - it plugs in to the OBD-II port under the dash.  It tracks and records driver behavior such as hard braking and quick acceleration - gives a monthly report.   Some insurance providers discount good driving.    

My Lexus app provides the same information, essentially in real time and even tells me tire pressure.  

• Like 1