Ping i59

johngalt312

26 minutes ago, JakeW13 said:

This is a very insightful comment and backs me off the ledge a bit in my reservations. I'm with you, I don't want buttery soft, I much prefer the solid feel that the Blueprints provide. I tested them up against all the major blade models at the time and the BPs certainly didn't come in as the softest feeling, but they had something that I can only describe as an addictively solid feel when struck well. That's what I'm looking for in considering the i59s at the top of my set.

Thanks for posting this, I need to find somewhere where I can test them out since it'll be a while before I can scalp some off eBay or BST.

I agree.  There is something almost addictive about the feel of Blueprints.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been swinging the fitting head at my favorite golf range where I live. I probably have about six to eight hours collectively and probably more than 300 balls with the i59 and I really like them

Me, I’m at best a ten handicap and because I don’t play a lot, I’m not very consistent. That being said, I can hit these irons and I have six thru wedge on order.  I’m using the Modus 105’s in the demo head and what I ordered and they are solid performing irons. I fully agree they are not long, but they are consistent.  I guess there will be many ideas and opinions on these irons, I think they are really nice. I love the shape and sizing. Biggest problem with these is price, we all can agree on that!

• Like 2

I think the 59's feel 98% the same as the I-blade, although the new version looks better in a little smaller package. I think they are more forgiving than say t100 although I have only hit both 7 irons into a net. I haven't had the chance to get both irons out on grass just yet, where everything can change. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

12:37: I want to say all three of those flew within a yard or two of each other. It's been the story all along. If anything you were more consistent (with the 4 iron). The deviations are even lower. They're all almost exactly the same.

13:10: Another thing I wanted to look at was the height. That's really about as good as it gets. Look at that.

13:50: In terms of a techie iron, the most traditional flying clubs we've seen... The distance control is just so good with all that tech in there.

14:00: Everyone else is trying to make the club sexy, distance this, that. This is a club of pure function. Better distance control. More consistent spin rates. Less deviation on misses. It's all there.

Granted, I have not watched the P7MB/MC/770, Apex Pro, T100 reviews, but, for the type of player they are talking about (4 and under), they seemed to say it had everything a better player would want, which, to me, is "relatively impressed."

I think we are talking about two different things. I didn't say "they found nothing good about the i59". I said that Ian wasn't excited about the i59. Again, compare some videos.

If we are talking about a "4 index down" iron, my question is - does the i59 replace the Blueprint? Coz that certainly hasn't been the angle Ping has been taking. They have focused on "forgiveness" and "As much MOI as the i210". In no review have I seen those things confirmed or even highlighted. All reviews, that I've seen, have said the i59 is consistent, not very forgiving and not sure how it stacks up vs. the competition.

I'm not trying to talk the i59 down but I think a couple of Ping fanboys are getting a little too excited that this thing is an outperformer.

Edited by m_w
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, m_w said:

I think we are talking about two different things. I didn't say "they found nothing good about the i59". I said that Ian wasn't excited about the i59. Again, compare some videos.

If we are talking about a "4 index down" iron, my question is - does the i59 replace the Blueprint? Coz that certainly hasn't been the angle Ping has been taking. They have focused on "forgiveness" and "As much MOI as the i210". In no review have I seen those things confirmed or even highlighted. All reviews, that I've seen, have said the i59 is consistent, not very forgiving and not sure how it stacks up vs. the competition.

I'm not trying to talk the i59 down but I think a couple of Ping fanboys are getting a little too excited that this thing is an outperformer.

In some circles this is known as "damning with faint praise".  😅

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I’ve been playing s55 since 2015, my handicap during that time has been as high as 12 and as low as 6.4, spent the most time between 7-9. I know I can play well or horribly no matter what club I’m using. 

It seems to me the logic of handicap dictating the club you use is flawed. Should I buy new clubs every time I go up? Then again when I go down? Can I bring two sets each round and switch mid round depending on my results that day? 

This narrative of clubs vs handicap(which can change daily) seems perfect for someone who’s going to gain from selling clubs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m_w said:

Ping tested this club with a robot with hundreds if not thousands of shots to measure moi. TXG guy hits 15-20 shots and knows more about the club than the manufacturer? Choose to believe which ever one you’d like. What would ping have to gain from lying about the MOI? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Doc420 said:

I think the 59's feel 98% the same as the I-blade, although the new version looks better in a little smaller package. I think they are more forgiving than say t100 although I have only hit both 7 irons into a net. I haven't had the chance to get both irons out on grass just yet, where everything can change. 

I absolutely agree with this comment,  the i59's feel very much like the iblades.  I had the iblades and really liked them and in my opinion were a fairly easy iron to hit consistently well.  I find the i59's to be very similar in not only feel,  but forgiveness.  I have played i210's and iblades and the i59's are very forgiving for what they are.   While I am not a real low handicapped player,  I really like the look of blades.  The i59's to me will be exactly what I am looking for,  a forgiving blade with very decent feel.  I agree with Ping, these are very suitable for the player that plays i210's but wants something more blade like.  These are not far off in MOI

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Golfguy1012 said:

Ping tested this club with a robot with hundreds if not thousands of shots to measure moi. TXG guy hits 15-20 shots and knows more about the club than the manufacturer? Choose to believe which ever one you’d like. What would ping have to gain from lying about the MOI? 

I’ll believe an independent over someone trying to push a product any day of the week. How the product ultimately plays for a human can’t really be simulated by a robot. It has to perform in human hands.

otherwise I would also believe a different company that no one makes golf clubs like they do.

Edited by m_w
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, m_w said:

I’ll believe an independent over someone trying to push a product any day of the week. How the product ultimately plays for a human can’t really be simulated by a robot. It has to perform in human hands.

otherwise I would also believe a different company that no one makes golf clubs like they do.

There have been several people in this thread that have actually hit them, multiple times, including myself and have found them to be just as forgiving as the i210. I love TXG, I believe they have some of the best content and testing out there, but... I don't care what any YouTube review says, it's actually about the experience that the induvial has with the irons. Hopefully people aren't foolish enough to actually buy irons based off a YouTube review without actually testing them themselves, good or bad. 

What has your experience been with the i59's so far? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2021 at 3:51 PM, m_w said:

Hit them today at Roger Dunns. Here are my observations:

• Most full-forged feeling Ping iron i have hit
  • Forgiveness is closer to the T100 than the T200 if that makes sense. Less forgiving than both i210 and iBlade for me.
  • Forgiveness is pretty low on low/bottom groove strikes when compared to i.e. the Callaway Apex Pro
  • Numbers for me where almost identical to the Apex Pro 21. Averages are based of 20 balls each.
    • Ballspeed: i59: 114.9 avg Apex Pro: 114.7 avg
    • Launch: i59: 20.9* avg Apex Pro: 20.9^
    • Spin: i59: 5458 avg Apex Pro: 5576 avg
    • Decent: i59: 49.1* Apex Pro: 47.7* 

11 minutes ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

There have been several people in this thread that have actually hit them, multiple times, including myself and have found them to be just as forgiving as the i210. I love TXG, I believe they have some of the best content and testing out there, but... I don't care what any YouTube review says, it's actually about the experience that the induvial has with the irons. Hopefully people aren't foolish enough to actually buy irons based off a YouTube review without actually testing them themselves, good or bad. 

See my original post in this thread above

12 minutes ago, m_w said:

See my original post in this thread above

Thanks for sharing your experience! Didn't see it, quite a few pages back. Just another good reminder to always test, everyone has different experiences! Your "Ping Fanboy" comment comes off a little odd that's all. I play a pretty mixed bag, not loyal to one single company. Although I'll admit I'm a little sentimental about Ping. I'm from Arizona, they are Arizona company and I grew up playing Ping irons. I'm not a blind follower of any company though, it either performs or it doesn't. Don't think that makes me a "Fanboy". 

Edited by AzSuperHack76

5 minutes ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Great response! I’m unable to play for another 6 weeks due to a surgery I recently had. I pre-ordered i59 they should be arriving right around when I can play again. I’m very excited, this will be my first brand new set of irons! They are also a ten year anniversary present from my wife. 

• Like 2

Hit the demo 7 iron. Liked it a lot. Would highly recommend to PING fans and/or anyone that is looking at blades, T100, 620 CB, P7MC, Apex TCB. Those are the type of iron to be cross-shopping with the i59, IMO. 

These do pretty much exactly what they are supposed to do for the better or aspiring-to-be-better ball striker.

• Like 2

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I’m sure I come off as a PING “fanboy”, which I definitely am. I have hit loads of clubs over the years with my local fitter and none were able to beat out my s55s or g400lst. My personal experiences is why I have so much faith in PING. I understand skepticism in marketing and searching for independent non biased testing. 

• Like 1

Demoed the i59s today, overall I would say they are really similar/ identical to my current P7MC in terms of looks and performance. No so sure about the feel and the pricing of the clubs though…

TaylorMade SIM 9.0*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 X

TaylorMade 300 Mini Driver 11.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 X

TaylorMade SIM DHY 3, SteelFiber i95 Stiff

TaylorMade P770 4-6, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade P7MC 7-PW, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade MG2 50, 56@55, 60, DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 2

23 minutes ago, Nevek said:

Demoed the i59s today, overall I would say they are really similar/ identical to my current P7MC in terms of looks and performance. No so sure about the feel and the pricing of the clubs though…

Would say they’re about the same in terms of performance with the exception of more forgiving goes to the i59 for sure, but I found the i59 to spin about 5% more and launch about 1* higher with similar ball speed.

Surprisingly, I didn’t like the look of the extra or perceived extra grooves. The club will be super popular amongst Ping loyalists but I think the price point will keep non-Ping people away a tad and maybe lean towards the new Mizuno or Titleist offerings.

They do look and feel exceptional.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PVSaluki said:

Ordered I59 4-PW with $ Taper 130. Played S58,S56,S55, and I-blade. Currently playing Mp-20 with $ Taper 130. Will update with review and Trackman numbers with MP-20 comparison. 

Looking forward to that comparison 

• Like 1

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Hit the i59 next to the t100,  zx7, apex pro and 770 today. Feel was very ball dependent off the irons - be sure to bring or use your gamer. T100 and i59 were a bit shorter than the others due to loft. Didn't notice exceptional forgiveness differences between them, The overall weight of the i59 demo club was a bit lighter than the others as the place I tried them didn't have a full setup - weight of the shaft was 105 and the head weight felt light. I feel like the mass behind the t100 and zx7 made them feel more "solid", but that could be due to a swing weight/head weight issue. I would really like to try them all outside. 

Hit these today.

I am some what a fan.. all the reviews I have seen say they are firm. I am not really getting that but there is something different about them. Must be the aluminum guts. 

flight, spin and distance all right where you would expect for a players iron. I like the shape and color of them.

they are just too expensive.. I could never drop that kinda coin on ping clubs..

1EE03CB8-567D-4D32-B577-AA3F7092BD18.jpeg

A0C2A13E-35F0-471F-B772-80AB207CB699.jpeg

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

7 hours ago, teezoid said:

I absolutely agree with this comment,  the i59's feel very much like the iblades.  I had the iblades and really liked them and in my opinion were a fairly easy iron to hit consistently well.  I find the i59's to be very similar in not only feel,  but forgiveness.  I have played i210's and iblades and the i59's are very forgiving for what they are.   While I am not a real low handicapped player,  I really like the look of blades.  The i59's to me will be exactly what I am looking for,  a forgiving blade with very decent feel.  I agree with Ping, these are very suitable for the player that plays i210's but wants something more blade like.  These are not far off in MOI

If this is true I will be in heaven, like the i210s, but something a little less clunky and less offset may be the ultimate iron by Ping, certainly something I would probably like…..on order now.

• Like 1

[i][b]In the Bag:[/b][/i]
Driver - Ping 430 Max 10.5 Degree - Tensei 1K 70g  45"

Fairway Woods: Wilson Dynapower (2023) 5 and 7 woods
Irons: 6 - PW trade between Titleist T200 Steel Fiber i110s, and Wilson Staffs +1" - Shafts Project X LZ 5.5
Hybrids: Ping G425 26 degree Titleist TSi2 17 and 23 degree…..Shaft Project X 90 Hyb +1"
PW: Wilson Staff Custom 52 SW: Cleveland CBX Full Face 56 10 bounce
Putter: Jon Rham Limited Naked Rossie 
Ball: Wilson Staff, Pro V or Callaway Chrome Soft
Bag: Datrek 

Cart: Bagboy Quad

Interesting I just asked for a time quote for a single 3 iron - 

i59 3 iron
Blue Dot
+3/4 Inch
Z Grip Cord +3 wraps

D4
Project X 7.0

Was told January; kind of putting me off ordering, might see what other 3 irons are looking time wise but this will go perfect with the BluePrints.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

5 minutes ago, Doc420 said:

I was told that the 59's are the only thing ping is going to get shipped before December. I think you will find similar stories across the industry with the exception of Titleist. They supposedly stocked up on shafts grips etc. before they ever released the new Irons to the market. 

That is correct. In our store we are out of PING iron stock. Won’t be getting any more in until at least December. Couple that with PING increasing prices on everything. 

28 minutes ago, Doc420 said:

I was told that the 59's are the only thing ping is going to get shipped before December. I think you will find similar stories across the industry with the exception of Titleist. They supposedly stocked up on shafts grips etc. before they ever released the new Irons to the market. 

I put in an order for T100 with DG 105 S300 and was told that they would have the shaft at the end of September. If they weren't able to fill the order i.e. ran out of the shaft before they got to mine then they wouldn't have the shaft back in stock until June 2022. 

• Sad 2