What Putter Grip Do you use and Why?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use a Salty Mid-Plus cork grip for my putter.  These are a little lighter of a grip at 37g as opposed to most grips of the same type (mid 50g range).  This allows a for little higher swingweight whi

If you’re asking questions like that, you should be getting a putter fitting. You will enjoy it

I have tried far too many, and I always keep coming back to the Lamkin Deep Etched.

Posted Images

I think only you can best answer this!

I started with a traditional pistol grip - was fine but for me I was inconsistent

Swapped to a Superstroke Slim Mid 2.0 for a long time.  Fatter grip helped to be less handsy.  Was good but felt I missed many short putts (pulls/pushes) - maybe the grip was on a hair crooked (flat front side) ?

Now have a round grip slightly fat grip...it is different but I get along with it well.   I believe the philosophy that you should not use the grip to aim...the flat front of the superstroke was forcing me to do that.  With the round grip - it is a bit more of a feel thing, but the alignment/misalignment of the grip is not redirecting my stroke.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra F9 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Cobra RADspeed Aldila Rougue Silver 110msi 70S

Wood (17.5) - G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Gripmaster roo tour. Has the pistol shape, although not that extreme. Nice sewn seam on the back of the grip, and a super grippy texture that's not rough at all. Allows a soft grip pressure.

• Like 1

Titleist 917D3 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 65s 9.5

Cobra F9 Tour Fujikara Atmos Blue TS 7s 13.5

Cobra F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85s 17.5

Titleist 816H2 Fujikara Motore Speeder TS HB 8.8s 21

Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 4-pw PX LZ 6.0

Cleaveland Rtx4 50,56 Dynamic Gold TI S400

Maltby Ptm-4

Srixon Zstar

Hey my friend, 

I have played small traditional grips all the way up to Fatso 5.0 and most everything in between. Some considerations: 

Smaller grips will promote the smaller muscles , fingers, wrists, while larger grips will get the big muscles, shoulders mainly, more engaged. 

Think about what you like to feel when putting and pick what feels best : soft, firm, alignment aid, blank, color, etc. 

Lots of choices out there be sure to explore. 

37 minutes ago, Bobb3rdown said:

Gripmaster roo tour. Has the pistol shape, although not that extreme. Nice sewn seam on the back of the grip, and a super grippy texture that's not rough at all. Allows a soft grip pressure.

TGM-NeonPuttOrg_01.jpg

Grip Master. Their leather putter grips have better feel than anything I have tried.

Edited by klbcec

Consider the weight of the grip first as that may dramatically affect the feel of your putter. Could feel better or worse depending on what you like. That being said I prefer the pingman blackout or Best Grips leather. Best Grips major leaguer and rancher are fantastic. I’ve been eyeing the Horween leather one as well. 

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

6 hours ago, 1221 said:

Buying A new putter and Not sure What grip to put on it?

I got fit for a seemore and am using the midsize seemore grip he thought fit me best... it’s coming from a super stroke 3.0

I was very pleased with my putter fitting, and Cody basically told me if I changed the grip to call him first as it would change the balance of the putter. 

It might not matter to you, but I’d suggest at least paying attention to how the weight changes impact the swing weight and overall feel, while also finding a grip you like.

im slightly convinced that the super stroke movement is great for some but the bigger grip causes issues for others... finding the right balance of size and shape is important.

Edel is convinced a fully round grip is best... LAB has its own forward press grip... there are tons of weird options, but “it feels good to me” is probably enough reason to pick one! Unless you are looking to counter a very specific tendency.

As of 1/24/21

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with RipX

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-GW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

50 minutes ago, heathpitts said:

SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0 for me. I use it on multiple putters. Fits my hands perfect without feeling like a huge grip. I’m not handsy in my putter stroke though. I also like that I can use the SuperStroke counterbalance weights if I need to plus the Arccos putter mount. 

This one. 

I have big hands, and I’ve tried bigger grips, but this one just feels perfect. Really comfortable, and compliments the arc in my stroke. Taylormade SpiderX

Scotty Cameron Baby T. Used to have it on retail putters but only can get it through his custom shop. The end fits my left hand middle palm while the paddle in the lower part helps my right hand push. I like to keep the putter head as low as possible accelerating towards the hole.

Edited by cmy

Such a personal decision obviously. I’ve tried countless grips. Heavy, light, long, split, fat, tapered, no taper, etc... I’ve always settled back to the Winn pistol. I don’t like to be robotic with my stroke. I need to feel tempo, and I need to feel where the head is. This grip does that. 

4F12CED0-0475-4F99-8E7F-DAC72D5B42EC.jpeg

Big Bertha B21 Driver 9* VeloCore Black 6X

Sim Ti 3W EvenFlow Black 75X

Sim Max 5W EvenFlow Black 75X

M4 7HL EvenFlow Blue 75X

SIM Max 6H EvenFlow Black 85X

G710 7-U Modus 105 X

PM Grind ‘19 Tour Grey 54 & 58

Ping Vault 2.0 B60 Copper

Scotty Pistelero grip with the axe handle is my favorite. Fits my hands and perf4ct balance in my putter. 

TSi3 8 Diamana D+ 70TX

Tsi2 18 Tensei Raw White 2.0 85TX 

ZX Utility 18* ADDI 95X

4 Taylormade M2 x100

5-PW CB 801 X7 

SM8 50.12 at 51 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135x

RTX ZipCore 55 and 60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125

Scotty X 5.5 

Srixon XV and Titleist -ProV1X

I like the Super Stroke grips. They come in different sizes and make sure you can go to the Golf Shop and place each one in your hand and find out the one you feel comfortable with. Nothing like a new putter as the one you buy and you like might be the last one you ever use. I bought the Odyssey Sabertooth putter years ago and would never change. Grip yes but putter no. Enjoy your new toy.

I've tried... everything. I keep ending up back at the Ping PP58 midsize. 

It fits my hand perfectly, the overall profile is dead on, and the rubber material is a nice velvety feel that is nicer than any other rubber grip on the market (with Iomic being a close second). I don't understand why Golf Pride's own Pro Only line feels cheaper than the Ping grips that they manufacturer, especially when the Pro Only is like $6 more expensive.

Edited by MaineMariner

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5 deg

Callaway Mavrik 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 17