2020 TaylorMade SIM and SIM Max drivers (in hand photos, M5/M6 comparison pics)

GolfWRX

Mine is a 65 gram shaft playing at 45 inches with a MCC midsize align grip. Not sure what the swing weight was on the SiM but boy did it feel ultra light. Would need to add another weight or hot melt to game it.

The driver looked good and produced good numbers sans dispersion but just nothing worth kicking my current gamer out of the bag. Did prefer the sound of the SiM over M3 though as it produced a more muted sound.

My gamer is M3 also, but mine is a tour issue head that got hot melted to 205 grams before I added the loft sleeve. Then I added 5 more grams to the head with a extra weight. So my head weight is somewhere around 215. my playing length is 45.25". Most of the driver I have played this past season all had swing weight of D5 or higher. I ordered a SIM today at 45.25" from TM. I will see if TM will properly SW the club or leave it as is, like they did last year with M5.

Hit the SIM and SIM Max drivers a little bit yesterday. SIM was better than my M6. Ordered up a SIM 9° and gonna plug my Graphite Design VR in it when it comes in.

Callaway Paradym X 9° (44.5”) Graphite Design Tour AD UB6s
TaylorMade SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5° Graphite Design Tour AD HD7s
Ping G430 7w 20.5° (+3/4") Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75s
Ping G430 4 hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 8s

TaylorMade P770 21 5-7 Iron Project X IO 6.0
TaylorMade P770 21 8-PW Project X IO 6.0
Titleist SM9 46° F Grind (bent to 48°) AMT Black Oynx S300
Titleist SM9 54° D Grind  AMT Black Oynx S300
TaylorMade MyHiToe Blacked out 60°  KBS $Taper 120 Black
Scotty Cameron Select Champions Choice Newport 2 34" LA Golf TPZ One35 USA

Thanks, I observed 2/10 up here off the Canadian site.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Wasnt any hotter for me. My initial plan was to possibly upgrade from the M3 to the M5 when I went yesterday but was getting the same numbers then I saw the employee take the plastic off a club and noticed it was the SIM so threw my shaft in it and hit a batch. Overall they were all within 1MPH of each other for driver speed, swing speed, then a yard in distance. The M3 and M5 were close in launch and spin for me at 12-13* with 2200 RPM of spin. SIM was slightly higher at 14* with slightly less spin at 2000.

Biggest difference for me was the accuracy, SIM club head felt really light compared to the other two so I had a hard time not hitting big pushes and pulls. I’m planning to go to Club Champion on Monday and hitting them again to see if it was a fluke or not.

I’m seeing them on eBay now and folks are not stating the Ventus is not the aftermarket shaft. As folks stated earlier, hopefully we don’t start to see people trying to sell them as the real deal.

is the only way to tell by the small Velocore marking near the tip? Or are there any other markings to show the difference?

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

The OEM Ventus in the SIM is not remotely anything like the real Ventus.

It has no Velocore or MR70.

I will say they are easy to tell apart, if it says Velocore on the tip then it's the real deal the ones on the SIM do NOT.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

This is like a broken record for the past 5 years.

TM TIPS ALL Driver & Fairway Wood shafts 1" unless it's a custom order & you adjust the tipping in the order form.

Nobody knows why they do this, Nobody truly understand the reasoning, hell TM doesn't even know why they do it they simply just do it.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Was wondering how the honeymoon with the SIM was going....sounds like a divorce from the TS4 in the offing!

So...…….what's better compared to the TS4?

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I only have a few range sessions in with it. Darn weather here has been terrible with more snow on the way today. The SIM seems to be carrying farther with a lot more roll out at the end. I absolutely love the feel of the SIM at impact, so so good! I need to get this baby on a launch monitor to compare but from what I am seeing now, the TS4 will be sidelined. I think all of you guys are going to love this stick once you get it out in the wild. Keep in mind, my SIM does not even have my normal shaft in it. I can only imagine what this thing will do with a better engine attached to it...

• Like 1

Said screw it and put my pre order in.

SIM Driver 8* degree with Ventus Black 7X for a grand total of $117.75, marked down from $809.99.

Military discount

Cashed in loyalty points

Traded in a M5 and M5 tour Driver

• Like 1

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

Hey thanks as I pulled the trigger but I decided on getting the SIM Max with GD AD IZ6 shaft so hopefully I either stay as accurate as I was with my M3 or improved my accuracy or distance. There has got to be some improvement somewhere.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Taylor Made has military discounts? I haven't bought a TM in a while... wasn't aware of this.

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

15% off everything for military vets except the P.7TW irons

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

Hit sim, sim max, and mavrik a bit ago. Currently in m5.

I'm a +.5 cap, play a fade, play 10.5 m5 set one click low with weights standard. I moved to m5 from m4 and saw ballspeed drop off. M5 was longer due to higher launch and lower spin than m4. But I still hated that I lost ballspeed with a head that was supposed to be injected to the limit. M5 was superb from a consistency perspective though.

Sim max - was the faster of the two TM drivers by about 1mph. BUT, for me, for my gamer shaft it was draw biased. I didn't hit anything hard left or even solidly left, but club data on gcquad showed the face was just closing to path with sim max. If I played a draw then this club would be in the bag.

Sim - draw biased as well. I was surprised that the front track weight didn't do a lot to reduce the draw bias. But it wasn't as draw biased as max. Hit a lot of dead straight shots and I can live with that.

I saw 2-3 mph more clubhead speed with sim and max over m5. I saw consistently 2-5 mph more ballspeed. The m5 is just slow.

Mavrik...if I can eliminate the draw bias on this one then it may go in the bag. It wants to go left though, and more than sim max. I wasn't able to hit my gamer shaft in it due to an issue with my backup gamer. I hit the rogue white 130 in 60s and 70x...left with both. I game the 125msi 60s, tipped about an inch. The 130 and I just didn't really get along. However...

Hit 10 shots with my m5 and I was 155-157...mostly around that 155 number. Hit mavrik right after m5 and the first ball off the face...161. Mavrik was consistently 158-161 and my strikes weren't that great because of the shaft. I have a feeling I may get 163 out of mavrik. I am intrigued to hit epic flash so I can move the back weight and maybe hit a consistent fade.

I am having a callaway adapter put on a 661 speeder evo2 x flex I have. That shaft helps keep the lefts out of play pretty well (helped with sim max - it has tm adapter). Will hit mavrik again tomorrow with a shaft better suited to me. Update to come. M5 definitely will get replaced. Likely by 9.0 sim with front weight about half way between center and toe.

On another note, the strength work I've been doing has paid off. I lost some strength over the last year and decided in August to get it back. Haven't been on a launch monitor in about 8 weeks. I was consistently 107 then. I popped most swing today at 108-110. Happy about that and plan to continue...see if I can get back to 112.

• Like 1

Hit SIM today. They definitely made the face feel a little softer from the M5/6. It also felt and sounded faster. Problem was the headweight was super light and it was very erratic for me but I do buy that it’s a better driver this year. Props to TM. Didn’t try the SIM max but definitely will next time.

Ultimately I dunno if my TS4 will be beat by either these or Mavrik but I’m willing to build another shaft with an adapter to do apples to apples...