Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

57 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

I admit I'm a little confused. You sound like you agree in principal with the structure of an agreement.

But then you say "let the consumers see it" when the photo gets pulled, NO DOUBT because of the agreement.

Or is it the section such information is in that upsets you ? Or the releasing company's objection to displaying said equipment before THEY want it to be seen ?

Nothing, I repeat , nothing is upsetting at all about it. It’s more like AMUSING that the so called top tier OEMs are so top secret, knowing all good and well some photos will at some point get leaked. I’m 100% in agreement with you here on the agreement and I get that part. It’s more to me, like marketing BS! As for the section, again, absolutely not upset, c’mon here!  Sorry if we’ve got off the OG topic here.  Like I said previously, Ping and Titleist are in the running for my money. TM and lots more losing out by nit offering new releases by Christmas time, unlike Titleist did with their new driver releases. Have a great evening!!

Okay. Now that the pics have been seen pretty wide, expect Callaway to do something  to try to counter the TM publicity within a week!!

That's what they do. If Rahm says he won't play again in December then they will make sure that the word gets out much more wide publicly. The announcements are not to be officially out until the existing contract is over!  Or do they have something new that has not been previously officially announced??  SOMETHING is coming. 

The TM pics is timed pretty well. Expect the new SIM2s on the USGA approved driver heads next Monday the 14th (they didn't make it on tomorrows 12/7 list)and then good chance TW use it in the Father/Son. 

• Like 2

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

24 minutes ago, boggyman said:

Nothing, I repeat , nothing is upsetting at all about it. It’s more like AMUSING that the so called top tier OEMs are so top secret, knowing all good and well some photos will at some point get leaked. I’m 100% in agreement with you here on the agreement and I get that part. It’s more to me, like marketing BS! As for the section, again, absolutely not upset, c’mon here!  Sorry if we’ve got off the OG topic here.  Like I said previously, Ping and Titleist are in the running for my money. TM and lots more losing out by nit offering new releases by Christmas time, unlike Titleist did with their new driver releases. Have a great evening!!

Titleist really nailing that December golf market. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MCoz said:

Okay. Now that the pics have been seen pretty wide, expect Callaway to do something  to try to counter the TM publicity within a week!!

That's what they do. If Rahm says he won't play again in December then they will make sure that the word gets out much more wide publicly. The announcements are not to be officially out until the existing contract is over!  Or do they have something new that has not been previously officially announced??  SOMETHING is coming. 

The TM pics is timed pretty well. Expect the new SIM2s on the USGA approved driver heads next Monday the 14th (they didn't make it on tomorrows 12/7 list)and then good chance TW use it in the Father/Son. 

Wonder if it’ll be CW’s weapon of choice also off of the tee at the Father/Son?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SigmaKyle31987 said:

Wonder if it’ll be CW’s weapon of choice also off of the tee at the Father/Son?

A source tells me his irons were forged by Miura and they just badged them P7CW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

18 hours ago, ProjectX said:

Screenshot_20201129-224404.png

The SIM2 crown with some more blue in it versus the OG SIM looks just fine. Very similar otherwise. Another senseless WRX equipment overreaction. Go figure. Can't wait to see how many of the looks of the sole complainers actually hit and test the club and end up gaming it. Most will never admit they were wrong based on the look of the sole. Happens all the time here. A tradition unlike any other. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grm24 said:

The SIM2 crown with some more blue in it versus the OG SIM looks just fine. Very similar otherwise. Another senseless WRX equipment overreaction. Go figure. Can't wait to see how many of the looks of the sole complainers actually hit and test the club and end up gaming it. Most will never admit they were wrong based on the look of the sole. Happens all the time here. A tradition unlike any other. 

I agree. I think the bigger shock than the paint is the lack of adjustability. No side to side weight and unlike other clubs currently available you can't swap the front and back weights to drop or raise spin. If you're working with a high end fitter that has different front and back weights to swap in this won't be an issue. But I think average Joe buying off the rack at the store will look at this and say this driver seems to have less tech behind it than say a TSi3 or G425 LST.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

So it looks like the main difference between the models is the placement of that front weight, I wonder if there's any possibility the non max is smaller than 460CC or at least a different shape. The difference used to be the movable weight, I wonder if maybe they've gone the ping or titleist route and made the drivers a different size, or at least different head shape/face depth.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

1 minute ago, swgolf12 said:

So it looks like the main difference between the models is the placement of that front weight, I wonder if there's any possibility the non max is smaller than 460CC or at least a different shape. The difference used to be the movable weight, I wonder if maybe they've gone the ping or titleist route and made the drivers a different size, or at least different head shape/face depth.

It's likely the face depth thing will be just like last year.  I imagine everyone that wants a Deep Faced Driver will not be happy.  It's really crazy how shallow the SIM was compared to everyone else's model.

• Like 1

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Is it me or does the front weight, even on the standard SIM and the SIM Max seem very heel biased?

• Like 1

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Anyone have any fairway pics or info?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Wedges ???

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Pomps said:

Is it me or does the front weight, even on the standard SIM and the SIM Max seem very heel biased?

From the limited angles, a little..but the interia generator/tail has always been toe-side. This looks like a design intended to neutralize the weight placement overall. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I think TIGER has had a lot of say in the dev. of SIM2. It checks the boxes for the type & style of driver he's played for most of his career. He has been slow to adapt to the new sim last year and M5 stayed in the bag longer vs. the rest of the TM staff. Its interesting to see it in his bag so early this year.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 70 TX

TaylorMade Mini BRNR 11.5*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 90 TX
Titleist TSR3 13.5*, Ventus Blue TR 80 X

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 2HY, Ventus Blue 90HY X
Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Ventus Black 100TX

Srixon ZX7 5-PW, LAGP L-Series 05
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 50, 55 & 60 LAGP L-Series 05

LAB Link.1, LAGP P-Series 135
Titleist -ProV1X

56 minutes ago, hokiealumn said:

I think TIGER has had a lot of say in the dev. of SIM2. It checks the boxes for the type & style of driver he's played for most of his career. He has been slow to adapt to the new sim last year and M5 stayed in the bag longer vs. the rest of the TM staff. Its interesting to see it in his bag so early this year.

What does he have to lose at this point in his career to jump to sim2

2 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

It's stupidity at its finest. I posted info, no pictures, just info and within 10 minutes had multiple PMs. TM was attempting to get personal information from me while trying to be sneaky about it. I was actually giving the new driver some praise and describing some "features". I was told by TM the item was under embargo, however, I was never told not to say anything nor did I sign any contract at any point saying I wouldn't say anything.

Thats wild

10 minutes ago, btyh said:

What does he have to lose at this point in his career to jump to sim2

I don't think he does, I'm just saying that the point I was making was I think the design is reflective of his input so it makes sense that if he did have say in it (speculative on my part) that its in sooner vs. later.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 70 TX

TaylorMade Mini BRNR 11.5*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 90 TX
Titleist TSR3 13.5*, Ventus Blue TR 80 X

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 2HY, Ventus Blue 90HY X
Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Ventus Black 100TX

Srixon ZX7 5-PW, LAGP L-Series 05
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 50, 55 & 60 LAGP L-Series 05

LAB Link.1, LAGP P-Series 135
Titleist -ProV1X

28 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

It's stupidity at its finest. I posted info, no pictures, just info and within 10 minutes had multiple PMs. TM was attempting to get personal information from me while trying to be sneaky about it. I was actually giving the new driver some praise and describing some "features". I was told by TM the item was under embargo, however, I was never told not to say anything nor did I sign any contract at any point saying I wouldn't say anything.

They were trying to send you the new driver, you missed out! 😂😂

26 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

If your golf store has an account with TM, I am sure there are contract terms about product embargoes.  Others have lost accounts with Ping, TM, and Callaway for leaking information or breaking other contract terms.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

4 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

If your golf store has an account with TM, I am sure there are contract terms about product embargoes.  Others have lost accounts with Ping, TM, and Callaway for leaking information or breaking other contract terms.

Eggs-actly.

They are doing "contact tracing". :classic_wink:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I couldn't care less what the sole of a driver looks like if it performs, aligns easily in the address position and sounds tolerable (basically in that order).  From that perspective, I actually like what I see here.  TM's recent crown designs (M5/M6 and SIM in particular) have been great for alignment.  And, at this point, driver improvement is all about optimizing weight distribution, fitting and forgiveness on off-center hits.  What I see here is a driver that gets rid of the moveable weight track (which was an inefficient use of weight) and employs more carbon in the sole to free up discretionary weight, pushes weight low and back, and has three different head profiles (ala the model Ping has successfully employed for years) to give fitters the tools to fit any golfer that comes in.  SIM was incredibly stable for such a low spinning head.  If this can improve on that while maintaining or even achieving incremental improvement in ball speed and launch conditions, it's a winner.  Looking forward to hitting it alongside the offerings from other manufacturers in early 2021.

14 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

I don't have a contract with them

You sell TM at your store, and have an account with them, correct?  That is the contract.  Or you may be an employee, and your employer has the contract.  Still the embargo applies.

• Thanks 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

21 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

I don't have a contract with them

Didn't say you did.

But you apparently do have contact with somebody,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200