Who from GolfWRX would you like to meet and play a round with?

Soloman1

1 hour ago, MtlJeff said:

I suppose i should take part in this, though as i joked on page 1....i'm kinda scared to forget anyone. I'll pick some people and then have to add to it

@cardoustie ,@isaacbm , @BallerNate , @2bGood, @jvincent and @Bad9 , @MattM97because as Canadians i may literally be able to play with them. I will demand to play 1 on 1 basketball with Baller Nate after. We will also Toast to @Thrillhouse

@mat562, @Forged4ever , @Pepperturbo. This would be a really fun foursome.

@bscinstnct, @Hawkeye77, @dlygrisse, same. 

@deadsolid...shank, @nsxguy, @bladehunter, @BlackDiamondPar5, @DavePelz4, @BIG STU...Geez the list goes on

I'm probably forgetting 100 people. I give up

Wow. I'm honoured to be included in such illustrious company. Maybe by the time golf season opens we'll all be out of lock down.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

1 hour ago, MtlJeff said:

I feel like me, BSC you and DLYgrisse would be a super chill 4some. There would likely be cigars and steaks afterwards. 

Me and BSC could talk about the 2007 Giants. The only NY City team i have ever loved. 

Note: MtlJeff's team, the Bills , is NOT an NYC team

Did someone say steak?  image.png.db9b3fb9099761847aeacda994c37581.png

• Like 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

53 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

Yeah let's do it this year. I have a couple of friends i've talked to about getting out to Ottawa already anyway. We have reciprocals with you, Camelot and Rivermead i believe at last check. So maybe we could do a round at Rideauview, and if you want to come to Whitlock i could hook that up too. Maybe like me and a friend and then vice versa. home and home

Sounds good.

Now we just need the snow to melt.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Damn. Repeat post.

Edited by jvincent

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

1) do you enjoy, to some degree, all types of alcohol? ... good red wine with dinner, a pour of bourbon or scotch at the end of the day, g/t after a summer round, or a hearty beer with fish/chips after 18 ... 

2) do you worship north berwick? ... 

answers will vary ... so will replies ... 

• Like 2

I’ve played with so many already!  I’ve met 3 or 4 guys on this site that I genuinely consider close friends now.  Guys I text weekly.  Forelife is getting my mail this week, Scratch Swinger is sending me swing Video, and Obee is calling me names while we’re planning our next partners tournament! 

there’s a ton more I’d like to get out with. 

Going to make a trip out to see Richard even if I have to drag his a** out to a putting green.  I’m going to suggest I get a patch for my good eye and then I think we’ll have at least a decent 21 match. 

mtljeff, Sean, Basic , would be a good Group. 

Honestly, there are so many. It’s a great site. Having been on here for 12 years or so,  it’s been nice to get to know the regulars. 

I wish some of you guys were here years ago to hear a 2 am conversation where Richard (after a particularly strong med cocktail) was trying to give me and Thrillhouse  dance lessons! 

Anytime anyone is in Calgary, drop me a message and I’ll make us a time! I love playing golf with just about anyone. 

Edited by isaacbm
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Oh man playing with anyone here would be a step up from my degenerative friends. But it would be an honor to play with anyone here. 

Put together a few groups. Start with the Golden Horseshoe group of @cardoustie @kmay__ @MtlJeff when he travels for work and @5hort5tuff I'm sure I missed some other locals but yall invited too. 

Then there is the group I'd coin the "The Union of Matt's" consisting of myself, @MattUtah @MattGolfs and 5short5tuff again. Anyone other Matt's that are putter/club junkies are welcome. I'll be making shirts for everyone. 

A fun round with some others would be @Pepperturbo dude just seems like an all around good guy. @jonradus cause we talk a lot and a good guy. Finally in this group I'd put @knudson81 cause I listen to his podcast, dude is a pure club junkie and it would be hilarious seeing a guy play with 30 clubs and a dozen shafts in a staff bag. 

Finally the last group, the one that would be a unicorn sighting for many. @MtlJeff again, @DirtyBirdie2another Canadian with a sick putter collection and @1puttTUT who I'm extremely jealous of his recent IG posts and putter collection lol. But we're all lefties and a lefty foursome doesn't happen often. 

Sign me up! My current gamer is uninspiring but i got something in the works 😉

• Like 1

10° Titleist TSI2 x Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

17.5° PING G410 x Fujikura Ventus Red 7S

22° PXG 0317X Gen 2 Hybrid x Mitsubishi MMT 80S

Srixon z545 3 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z585 5 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z785 6-PW x Nippon Modus 120S

Wedges: Titleist SM8 50*12F, 54*12D, 58*8M

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Brandon Double Bend

IG: @matt.golfs

4 hours ago, isaacbm said:

I’ve played with so many already!  I’ve met 3 or 4 guys on this site that I genuinely consider close friends now.  Guys I text weekly.  Forelife is getting my mail this week, Scratch Swinger is sending me swing Video, and Obee is calling me names while we’re planning our next partners tournament! 

there’s a ton more I’d like to get out with. 

Going to make a trip out to see Richard even if I have to drag his a** out to a putting green.  I’m going to suggest I get a patch for my good eye and then I think we’ll have at least a decent 21 match. 

mtljeff, Sean, Basic , would be a good Group. 

Honestly, there are so many. It’s a great site. Having been on here for 12 years or so,  it’s been nice to get to know the regulars. 

I wish some of you guys were here years ago to hear a 2 am conversation where Richard (after a particularly strong med cocktail) was trying to give me and Thrillhouse  dance lessons! 

Anytime anyone is in Calgary, drop me a message and I’ll make us a time! I love playing golf with just about anyone. 

I would like to see Richard myself. We go back a long ways to another site in fact. Yep I remember the morning in question. I was ROTFLMAO that morning reading that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

11 hours ago, Forged4ever said:

Bingo Brotha👊

There's no friggin way that I'd wanna put that list up cuz there are so many guys, easily, 12-15+ that I can think of right off of the top, though we could make a foursome with two super guys that are within a state of ya, however whatever group that I'm in, wherever that group might be, I want you as the wheelman in our cart.

I was a shaky driver before the stroke, as Pete and Sam refused to ride shotgun with me after I dumped Sam's clubs in the creek at the club when I jumped outa the cart on a side hill, ball below me lie, forgot to put the brake down and the son of a b*tch got away from me😂😂. Maddie said that I can drive the cart when I get my license back so it'll be at least summer time before I'm ready to take the test, lol.

We'll get it done Bro👊

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend
RP

Oh yeah I would be the wheelman in a heartbeat. Glad to see you posting on here again

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Bladehunter because of his wacky personality and markhurdjr. because he knows his s*** and seems like a good dude in general. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Well, I only joined WRX in December, so still getting a feel for everyone on here.

Too early to single anyone out, but I’d be happy to get a round in with any of the guys I’ve interacted with on here and everyone seems awesome!

If anyone’s in the Toronto area, feel free to hit me up...looking for some new golfing buddies who are as crazy about golf as me!

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I'm with @Soloman1 here, I have yet to see someone here I'd choose NOT to play with.  I appreciate my inclusion by @Hawkeye77, but I don't want the job of keeping anyone else in line, its enough to keep myself from screwing up.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, davep043 said:

I'm with @Soloman1 here, I have yet to see someone here I'd choose NOT to play with.  I appreciate my inclusion by @Hawkeye77, but I don't want the job of keeping anyone else in line, its enough to keep myself from screwing up.  

Haha, just a nod to your level headed approach to the rules! (And your affection for the UK would be welcome by all!).

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 8:55 AM, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Many of you are on the list, but hands down the leader in my clubhouse is Pepperturbo 🙂

14 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

i just hadn’t gotten a chance to get on and post that. But you are 100% correct, he should be #1 on every list!

Absolutely DS--- At minimum we could be told more about our deficiencies and shortcomings 😂

But seriously, he'd be an interesting guy to play a round with or have a drink and cigar with. 

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Then there is the group I'd coin the "The Union of Matt's" consisting of myself, @MattUtah @MattGolfs and 5short5tuff again. Anyone other Matt's that are putter/club junkies are welcome. I'll be making shirts for everyone. 

Nothing against the Matt's named as all are fine guys however there's no finer or classier Matt on the board than @MattyO1984 to be your fourth, and trust me, he'd be the icing on this group's cake😉

Plus, he's from the birthplace of the game, so you got that karma sh*t covered, lol😜🤙

Stay Well My Friend👊
RP

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 4

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

1 minute ago, Forged4ever said:

Nothing against the Matt's named as all are fine guys however there's no finer Matt on the board than @MattyO1984 to be your fourth, and trust me, he'd be the icing on this group's cake😉

Plus, he's from the birthplace of the game, so you got that karma sh*t covered, lol🤙

Stay Well My Friend👊
RP

I would not be against going across the pond to play some golf with Matty.

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

3 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Well, I only joined WRX in December, so still getting a feel for everyone on here.

Too early to single anyone out, but I’d be happy to get a round in with any of the guys I’ve interacted with on here and everyone seems awesome!

If anyone’s in the Toronto area, feel free to hit me up...looking for some new golfing buddies who are as crazy about golf as me!

Welcome to the community Brotha👊

It's great to have Ya🍻

Stay Well,

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

18 minutes ago, Forged4ever said:

Welcome to the community Brotha👊

It's great to have Ya🍻

Stay Well,

RP

Thanks very much RP, definitely appreciate it!! Love this community of Golf nuts so far and it’s awesome to be a part of it!

Stay well too...countdown to the Spring is on!! 🙌

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

Alright, my previous answer is probably too politically correct. So based on my time so far on WRX, here’s my early list of guys I would most want to get a round in with.

But I agree 100% with @Soloman1, I can’t think of anyone that I wouldn’t want to play with.

My top picks so far would be: 

@MtlJeff @BballMike14 @Bad9 @2bGood @Myherobobhope @CKalma @karstens_ghost@ewaldbeukes @Shanks2424@Goon Golf

@brew4eagle @bscinstnct @MPAndreassi @Hawkeye77 @extrastiff @dlygrisse @cardoustie @Xavier_11 @justasgood @MuniPukeLife

I'm not that exciting, but if you are ever near Louisville, bring your clubs.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

18 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

I'm not that exciting, but if you are ever near Louisville, bring your clubs.

Haha..sounds good! I’ve been to Louisville...home of the Yum Center, Louisville Slugger, and Valhalla right? 

I bet you guys have some good BBQ down there too? I’m a big BBQ guy for sure...love the food in the South!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX